Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Video of RLD
Posted: 2006-08-28, 1:02 pm

rambling_griff
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Don't know if this one has already been posted in the past but found this mini documentary about the RLD with a couple of interviews with some of the girls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiDG2LRND0

Posted: 2006-08-28, 2:29 pm

wannachat
Very good video thanks.
Regards

Posted: 2006-08-28, 4:02 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Excellent
Re: Video of RLD
Posted: 2006-08-28, 5:37 pm

Wim Admin
Very good research , still this video is at least 5 years old or even more.
The Tippelzone is closed.
I see Mariska Majoor younger than she's now (looks cute !)
Posted: 2006-08-28, 9:19 pm

obee
thanks, Never heard of the Tippelzone before... apart from amazing amsterdam are the anymore vidoes of the red light district about on the net
Posted: 2006-08-29, 3:59 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Good on you.
Posted: 2006-08-29, 9:50 am

withnail Power Kat
for the information of those joining this thread i have just had to remove a video link posted to a moronic video shot by two retarded american college kids with a hidden camera filming girls in de wallen. bad enough that this pair of twats saw fit to hide a video camera and film the girl without her knowledge or consent, worse still that they then put their 'work' live online for all the world to see (again with absolutely no permission from the individual they are exposing to the world) and the final insult is that somebody saw fit to post it here.

gentlemen, please use some common sense. whilst prostitution may feature heavily in the raft of topics which we discuss here we do not advocate hidden filming or photography of the red light ladies EVER. just because the lady chooses to take a window in de wallen or elsewhere does not mean that she is then fair game for any unscrupulous individual with a video camera and no brain to put her picture all over the internet.

youtube and the like do appear to be here to stay. indeed there are many intriguing, amusing and useful amsterdam videos on there. covert filming is not useful or acceptable. hopefully the two retards concerned in this particular video fell in a canal shortly after, with their camera.

withnail
Posted: 2006-08-29, 1:05 pm

AustonSupporting Member
Supporting Member
withnail --

I applaud you for your decision to remove the link to the video...seems the YouTube phenomenon has ignited an "if I shoot it, I can show it" mentality that has little or no regard for respecting one's privacy. The least we can do is keep from adding fuel to the fire, so to speak. Bravo!

- Auston
Posted: 2006-08-30, 2:51 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I don't want to get into an extended debate on this topic but I believe the following to be factual...

(1) Window girls display themselves publicly. In most western countries it is legal to make non-commercial recordings of anything you can see in public with the naked eye, and to give it away free.

(2) I know of no special law in the Netherlands protecting window girls in this respect.

(3) The "men" who take away cameras from those in the RLD are more like pimps, not white knights, and these thugs operate in violation of the law. That the police look the other way is, in my opinion, not good for law enforcement or society.

On a pragmatic level it's nice that there is tolerance in matters of sex and soft-drugs in the Netherlands. But the fact that the Dutch practice involves highly selective enforcement of somewhat contradictory laws (e.g. there is no legal way for coffeeshops to get pot) in doing so makes the Netherlands something less than a model that other countries should learn from.
Posted: 2006-08-30, 10:11 am

withnail Power Kat
i believe the following to be factual...

for 10 years or more we have been advocates for respect in the city. this extends to the prostitutes who choose to display themselves publicly and offer their services but do not invite you to photograph them for others half-witted pleasure. surely this has not escaped the notice of anybody who has regularly contributed to this site in recent years?

i know of no special law in the netherlands either. similarly i dont recall suggesting this were the case. not quite sure of the point being made with this line?

we can debate this on and on. fact is, as has been repeated here many many times vis-a-vis this site 'this is our house, dont shit on the carpets'. if it restricts your viewing pleasure not to be able to watch a pair of dickheads with a hidden video camera guffawing at their own stupidity then im afraid thats something youll have to live with, on this site anyway. im sure the channels chaps will be glad to run any videos you want, then have a session of their usual verbal 'handbags at dawn' type in-fighting after.

... finally you alude to the 'lover boy' types who remonstrate with the photo making tourists - in my experience it is generally the girl herself who will come and 'make the point' with the culprit, not some shady pimp.

to be quite honest, the more i re-read your post the more surprised i am that this is one of our regular contributors. all this talk about ambiguous law and order issues - are you really saying that in light of the slightly peculiar 'front door - back door' soft drug policy that should mean that visitors should be free to photograph hookers, dealers et all. im sorry but im struggling with your logic.

ive no desire to get into an extended debate over this. simply do not post here photographs / film clips taken without the express permission of the 'star'.

withnail
Posted: 2006-08-30, 8:41 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Just to be clear, I wasn't addressing the policies of this board. This or any board can have any rules they would like. I happen to agree that it's good manners to not post people's pictures without their permission...window girls or not. If the local ground rules are to delete links to such pictures it's the right of the board.

The point I was trying to make is a general observation, and that is that Dutch "tolerance" is given a bit more credit than it deserves.

There is something wrong with a system which depends on thugs who enforce illegal rules while police look the other way.

There is something wrong with a system that allows coffeeshops to sell pot, but will arrest and seriously prosecute those who deliver the pot to those very same coffeeshops.

Don't get me wrong. I like the NL and for many more reasons than just sex and drugs. And I wish pot and commercial sex were closer to being personal choices elsewhere.

But we shouldn't be blind to the weaknesses in the Dutch system.

In particular, I wish people here weren't so quick to cheer the actions of thugs who throw cameras into the canal and possibly beat up the owners in the process. This cure is far worse than the disease, and the "loverboys" (pimps) involved are not people to be admired.
Posted: 2006-08-30, 9:16 pm

withnail Power Kat
you speak of the blindness of the dutch system. it is my belief that a far more fractured system exists in those countries which not only prosecute the suppliers of the weed but also those who choose to smoke it. pick your country, for they are the majority. to my mind, however ambiguous and sometimes peculiar dutch legislature may be, it is on this subject far more agreeable :-)

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-08-30, 11:08 pm

shootingstar
I can't wait to hear the next round of this interesting "don't want to get into an extensive debate" debate. ;-)

Ss
Posted: 2006-08-30, 11:31 pm

reg888
I was told last week by a well known red-light lady that it will soon be illegal to take their pictures without consent.
Posted: 2006-08-31, 9:14 am

rambling_griff
Wow! I only posted this video because it was filmed in a genuine documentary form, with all those being interviewed being done so with consent.

I didn't expect this to turn into a debate on hidden cameras, as this isn't the way in which this video was filmed!

Posted: 2006-08-31, 9:22 am

withnail Power Kat
the discussion latterly is in reference to another video which was posted here as a follow up. nothing to do with the original posted by yourself.

doog!

withnail
 [ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: