Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
For What It's worth....
Posted: 2006-08-29, 6:54 pm

Luther Head
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey guys and gals, I'm signing off for the last time as a resident of Amsterdam. I'm doing what Bush should have done long ago and declaring victory and getting out of here. Not by choice of course, but the real world awaits back home. My only advice to anyone who visits this board and loves Amsterdam as much as I do, is if you ever get the chance for an extended stay in the city by the canals, take it, post haste. You will not regret it.

So as a going away gift to all my Ignatzmice colleagues and friends, I leave you with this little chuckle, a la my radio hero, Paul Harvey:

The Dutch paper Het Parool reports on page 2 today that a local Dutch banker is having problems getting credit. The bankers last name is "Pot". That's right, his last name is "Pot". I'm not making this up.
Only in Amsterdam.

So this is Luther Head, signing off for the last time from Amsterdam on the Igmatice site... Good d.....
Oh, and by the way, what was his first name you ask? "Wiet"! The man's full name is "Wiet Pot".

Luther Head from Amsterdam... Good Day!
Re: For What It's worth....
Posted: 2006-08-29, 7:10 pm

withnail Power Kat
Luther its been good to have you aboard.

bon voyage!

withnail
Posted: 2006-08-29, 7:41 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
'tis very sad indeed to hear you're leaving luther but life does have to move on and i'm sure you'll be back.

thank you for some excellent reportage while you've been living in paradise - i've always particularly enjoyed your smoking reviews.

good luck with whatever you're doing and wherever you're doing it next - you're a star, mate, and you'll be missed.

cheers fella,
ANYDAY.
Posted: 2006-08-30, 7:47 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have really enjoyed reading your your posts, Luther! Really sorry to see you go! Especially back to gestapo land. :( Peace and the best of luck to you and yours.
Posted: 2006-08-30, 12:24 pm

block
....best to ya mate. Good day!!!

Miles Davis
Pot with her finger in the dyke?
Posted: 2006-08-31, 3:26 am

peptoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
"Pot" means lesbian in Dutch. Was the banker a lesbian?
Good luck Luther.

doog
pepto
Posted: 2006-08-31, 4:40 am

PARAQUAT
Dear Luther,

It was a pleasure to of made your company. If you are ever out Seattle way please look me up and we will enjoy a fatty just as we did at De Kuil. Thanks for al the wonderful posts. I hope your future adventures are as memorable as I am sure the past year has been. The best to you.

Cheers,
Paraquat
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: