Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Dubai Trip Report
Posted: 2008-04-10, 10:21 am

Tarzan
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I arranged for a two night stop-over in Dubai at the beginning of April '08 after some business in Goa. I went to The York and to the Hyatt. There was no cover at the York. I am a tall American (6'0"); I smilled and confidently walked past the doorman. No problem but I was patted down by security.

For a Sunday evening, the place was 90% full by 10 pm. Mostly Chinese and Africans. The going rate was around 700 to 1000 AED for all night with an agreed departure at 9 am. The beer was 26 AED per bottle.

On Monday, I went to the Hyatt Regency, paid my 95 AED entrance fee and had a few beers. The beer was 32 AED per bottle. It was pretty empty at 10:15 but by 11:30 it was quite lively. Composition was 60% Russians, 20% Chinese and the remaining a global mixture of women. Most of the desirable women were aloof to most punters unlike the constant grabbing and solicitation at the York. Prices were 1100 for long term for some very average Chinese women. I did not enquire about the Russians. I left around midnight for a return and satisfiying visit to the York.

A taxi driver informed me that while Cyclones was closed, a new disco had opened up on its premises: the Lodge. I did not have the opportunity to visit. However, I may be back in July/August depending upon the progress of my business in Goa.

T

Posted: 2008-04-14, 7:28 am

Twosorefeet
The Lodge has always been there. Although I have not been for a while it is a regular bar catering for the lunchtime and after work drinking set. There was no real action there and I have no information that anything has changed. It was one of the bars you could tell your wife you were visiting!

Russains and similar at the Hyatt ask for Dhs 1500 - 2000 LT, but can usually be negotiated down.
Re: Dubai Trip Report
Posted: 2008-09-13, 8:54 am

gazzzz
Gents, have a look at the Kubu Club bottom Floor in the Radisson (Deira area), worth a visit
Re: Dubai Trip Report
Posted: 2008-09-18, 9:39 pm

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Tarzan,

Thanks for the updates, I appreciate the report.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: