Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 19 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
San Francisco
Posted: 2009-06-19, 11:05 pm

420 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Spending the week in San Francisco enjoying the good food, beer and music. I found a great rate on Priceline for the 4 Star Grand Hyatt on Stockton ($70 plus tax). Very close to all major public transportation routes and right in the middle of the City. Great weather (70 and sunny) and plenty of activities to keep you entertained.

Took the 30 bus (15 minutes and $1.50 RT) from Stockton and Sutter to North Beach to visit LaTrappe Belgian Beer Bar. I Sat next to guy from Belgium and enjoyed a good banter over the various selections of Belgian Beer, Fries, Cheese and some noteworthy local beers from the Russian River area north of SF.

Three beers I sampled:

Brugse Zot (33cl) - Brouwerij De Halve Mann 6% Blonde $6 (not as good as I rembered while drinking in Brugges)

Goliath Triple (25cl) - Brasserie des Geants 9% Triple $8 (A light colored/white triple) Ok,,but I like Chimay better

Russian River Mortifiction (25cl) Russian River 11% Quadruple $6 (Awesome!!!!!!!!)

Had to try their version of Belgian Fries with House Belgian Mayo, Wassabe Mayo, and Curried Ketchup. (not as good as Manneken Piss in Amsterdam or the Fries from Alkmaar,,,left of the bridge)

Enjoyed good conversation with one of the owners and two bartenders about the various beer options in San Francisco...all three mentioned the Tornonado on Haight St. as the most historic belgian bar (over $1,000,000 worth of Belgians in their cellar) but also let me know that I would be treated like shit as a customer....sounded like some places in the Dam:-)

Took the 12:30 A.M bus back to my hotel,,,quite a interesting crowd on the local buses!

Couldn't find anything to smoke but really didn't try too hard either. Some great advertisments for Medical Bud in the local newspapers. I love CA!!!!!!

Posted: 2009-06-20, 1:30 am

smuler Power Kat
Hey 420

Russian River- did you see Pliny the Younger anywhere ??

I've been looking for it in the bay area for a couple years

Real Elusive...

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-06-21, 12:34 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Is the Lusty Lady still open? It's a pretty cool peep show if you're into the suicide girl look.
Re: San Francisco
Posted: 2009-06-21, 3:48 am

Don Corleone
The Lusty Lady is still there. Next door is the Hustler Club & DeJa Vu Centerfolds a block away.

I do not smoke, but marijuana should be really easy to find in the City. You really got a great deal on your hotel. Located next to the Levi's store, Nike Town & Union Square.

There is an Asian Massage parlour about 5-6 blocks from your hotel. Lucky Spa on Mission between 5th & 6th streets. Walk down Stockton st & cross Market st & the next block is Mission (Sony Metreon). Stockton becomes 4th st when you cross Market st. Turn right & 1 1/2 blocks on your left side is Lucky Spa. If you do visit, do not accept the first girl they give you. Tell them you want to see all the girls or lineup. This place is full service.

Avoid Green Door massage at all costs. Total tourist rip-off joint.

Have fun in the City!
Posted: 2009-06-21, 8:12 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Excellent timing on this post 420!!!
I'll be in SF July 24 to the 26th...Quick turn-around weekend.
Gonna stay up in the Marina District.

The Belgian cafe sounds great...Bruges Zot is a personal favorite of mine as it is readily available here in So. Cal.
Did you have a Kwak??? Or did you see either the Keyte or the Cuvee Des Trolls (A Dubuisson offering)...Those two are my two top Belgians...But very hard to find.

Hi Smuler...I've only ever seen the "Younger" on tap. They get it occasionally at my local pub...Hollingshead here in Orange. I'll ask if it might be available in a bottle. See you on Saturday when you arrive.

Amazing insight to the local scene my Godfather...I was only gonna drink and smoke during my visit...But your recommendations regarding MPs peaked my interest. Might have to pay a visit my first night in town...I'm soooo weak!!!

Also plan on visiting a Medical Dispencery while in town...Want to compare their offerings to what I'm used to down south.

So much to do in so little time...Kinda sounds like a trip to Amsterdam.

Cheers...And A Happy Fathers Day to all us dads!!!
-ale

Posted: 2009-06-22, 1:21 am

smuler Power Kat
Hey Ale

That would be great if you found the " Younger " for me.....

I will take you here on Saturday for your fill of Belgians :

http://www.monkskettle.com/images/beer.pdf

Good luck doing your dispensary homework....

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-06-22, 3:34 am

420 Power Kat
Just spent the day in the Haight and then over to Golden Gate Park to enjoy some good music (Sugar Ray) some serious people watching. The smell of good bud was "wafting" through the air,,,had a hard time refraining due to Father's Day duties with my son. He kept saying "Dad,,,your cousin Mary Jane is here"....LOL

Smuler,

According to a few people I met the Monk's Kettle is quite a bit pricier than La Trappe,,,too bad we cannot buy Belgians for 2 Euro like we can in Alkmaar's liqour Store.

I am looking into my options for late July. SF is such a vibrant city, nothing like it out West!

Back to the "oven" in Scottsdale (110 by Friday)

Posted: 2009-06-22, 3:54 am

smuler Power Kat
Hi Alelover:

I see the Hollingshead has Russian River Consecration on tap:

http://www.hollingshead4beer.net/Home.html

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/45653

Hi 420

I do agree about the Monk'e Kettle, but some of the products are real quality. and not available in the NYC Metro area...

Some picks out of this list for me would be :

Russian River Pliny the Elder 8.5 % 20 oz glass $7.75 One of the best Dipa's I have ever had

Deschutes Mirror Mirror 11.0% 8 oz $5.25 American Barleywine

Russian River Mortification 11.0 % 8 oz $4.75 Belgian Quad

That's just out of the tap list !!

If I combine this with going to the Toronado, Zeitgeist, Healthy Spirits, etc....

Plus the local herb... !!!

I would be quite twisted

After Alelover leaves on Sunday, I have made plans with some Bay area friends to go to Napa / Sonoma on Monday...

I'm going to try to see if I can convince them to take a ride to Russian River to see what they have on tap

They are girls, so this is going to be hard to get them to go , without hearing them bitch all the way LOL

I will try to go to Lagunitas in Santa Rosa, since it will be closer though :

http://www.lagunitas.com/contactus/index.html

I really like Lagunitas, as they consistently bring decent products to market at prices that are always cheaper than others .

Quite a VFM... like a session with Nina ( I had to sneak that in )

Hope to see you in the Bay Area
( Less than 5 weeks )

Best Regards

Smuler

Last edited by smuler on 2009-06-28, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2009-06-22, 10:42 pm

smuler Power Kat
Hi Guys

I just got the Hyatt Regency SFO @ 60.00 per night

Sweet !!!!

My other hotel was going to be 125.00 per night

Ale...I will call you when I check in on Saturday

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-06-27, 4:35 pm

420 Power Kat
Should be an interesting weekend in San Francisco

http://www.sfpride.org/parade/generalinfo.html#dob

Posted: 2009-07-27, 7:54 pm

420 Power Kat
Hoi Smuler,

I am arriving in SFO a couple of days early,,too damn hot in Arizona to sit inside.

Check your PM, I am staying at the SF Marriott by Market and 4th street.

Posted: 2009-08-01, 3:35 am

smuler Power Kat
I have not yet arrived home from the West Coast. I just wanted to drop a line to Alelover and 420. Great times... Ale- I had to pass the homework onto 420. I think he is checking into taking over Zeitgeist. He was just as impressed as you were.

Best Regards.

Smuler

Last edited by smuler on 2009-08-18, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2009-08-03, 9:14 pm

420 Power Kat
Smuler,

I enjoyed meeting you,,,finally! We have crossed paths for a few years so time was on our side.
The Toronado beer selection was great,,even though the bartenders were quite arrogant! Really reminded me of the service at the Greenhouse Centrum.

Zeitgeist was over the top fun,, I had a good buzz going and your ample supply of pre-rolled really kicked me into "high" gear. Damn good thing they asked me for my identification,,not that I look that young but really? I ended up ordering a new drivers license on-line that got delivered to my hotel the next day!

I spent the last few days trolling around the various neighborhoods, went back to the Toronado for friday happy hour and enjoyed some good Russian River samples. Pliny the Elder was by far my favorite beer this trip. I like the Racer 5 IPA that was available at my hotel as well. I found some great music, stopped in at the SFMOMA, and chilled on Union Square a few late evenings...awesome people watching!

Back in Arizona for a few weeks before heading north to Park City,,,then to Barcelona the first part of October. I may need to hit the OC for a break to hang out with HWB and Alelover by the beach.

Hope you had a great time in Vancouver,,my second favorite city in North America behind New York.

Cheers,

Posted: 2009-08-03, 10:16 pm

Supporting Member
Hola mi amigos!!!

Totally agree...Tornado was fun...Smuler and I enjoyed a few choice selections...Talked to a couple of nice girls there...A cute blond with a small mask across her eyes...And a brunette dressed as a super hero. (Yes...you read this correct.)

I was a bit taken by the blond...although, had I been successful, it would have left Smuler with the Super Hero...Couldn't do that to my friend.

Zeitgeist is indeed my new favorite place in the Universe...Good beer...mellow crowd...and the ability to relax in their beergarden smoking your favorite flowers. No place like it anywhere that I'm aware of.

Smoked some Ingrid (an indica that I picked up at a local dispensary called Grass Roots for $55 an 1/8) and some Blue Dream (From down south). A nice OG full melt hash and some potent ear wax.

Made for a very heady weekend.

Thanks again Smuler for taking care of the transportation. An awesome weekend...gotta try this again some time soon.
cheers all,
-ale

Posted: 2009-08-06, 4:37 am

akibono
What's the best way to score some fine weed if you don't have a medical mj card? Does anyone have any idea how much of a hassel it is to get a card if you don't have a CA driver's licence?
San Francisco
Posted: 2009-08-06, 4:44 pm

smuler Power Kat
Hi Guys

Ale- we didn't meet the girls at Toronado..it was Monk's kettle. The brunette would have been fine with me. She was certainly smiley and friendly. I must blame myself, as I was quite tired from the flight, and quite stoned as well.

Here is the beer you drank :

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/18272

Zeitgeist- do you remember when the Westvleteren 12 was " confiscated " by security inside the bar ? I knew those guys from years before, so I knew that it wouldn't be a problem getting them to return it. Their security force is quite intimidating looking, but really are nice guys.

420- I forgot about the lost driver's license. Zeitgeist Id's anyone who comes into the bar.... If you remember, you raved about that burger after I told you to eat.

Pliny was the best- didn't I tell you that !!

You really need to get into American beers...LOL

I'll meet you again one day, perhaps Costa Rica in March, 2010 ??

We can have an East Coast/ West Coast summit meeting

Wim can be the Grand Marshal......

Hi Akibono- perhaps one of these guys can answer you, as I don't have a card either

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-08-06, 9:41 pm

Supporting Member
Damn...That WAS some good herb!!!
Almost forgot about the Kettle...thanks for reminding me.
I do remember that I had a good time there.

Costa Rica in March...hmmm...Sounds like fun.
I think the ladies at Hotel Del Rey are in need of an Ignatzmice invasion.

As far as getting a Med. card without a California ID...sorry...can't happen.
When I was walking around the park across from City Hall (Nations Park I think)...I was approached by a Rasta kinda guy to buy some herb. What he showed me looked pretty decent...But I was already packing...
And, as I mentioned earlier, lots of people were toking up in the beer garden area of Zeitgeist...Might be a connection there...
I know it's a poor substitute....but I'd like to help as best I can.
Come to Southern California and you got lots of us here with cards...you'd be set in So. Cal.

cheers all,
-ale

Posted: 2009-08-18, 12:09 am

420 Power Kat
Had a good night sampling the Ear Wax last night,,,after enjoying some Racer 5 IPA at the Yardhouse,,,almost like being in SFO but without the Pliny de elder,,,man was that good stuff!

Enjoyed some pretty nice OC samples.

Jack the Ripper
Orange Crush
Purple Erkel
Purple Kush

Posted: 2009-08-18, 2:32 am

smuler Power Kat
Hey 420

Craft beer and Craft weed... heaven

Yardhouse ??

Which location ?

I looked at their beer menu and saw this little gem :

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2210/50509

Firestone Walker is top notch craft brewskies !!!

Most of their beers are serious alcohol bombs :

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2210/?sort=abvD

Alelover- is Paso Robles close to you and HWB ?

Hey- can you find me any bottles of this ? :

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16866/51257

Best Regards

Smuler

[ 19 posts ] 

Jump to: