Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Singapore - recommendations?
Posted: 2011-05-20, 8:47 am

phil67
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Will be there for a trip soon and would like some up to date recommendations, particularly on girls for an overnight in my hotel.
Re: Singapore - recommendations?
Posted: 2011-05-20, 1:05 pm

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm not sure Singapore is the place you want to mess around in....those canings can be pretty painful.

Sam
Posted: 2011-05-27, 2:07 am

MrPointy
Singapore has a lot of opportunities for fun but the market works slightly differently to Amsterdam. The vast majority of the working girls are not local Singaporean but come from Vietnam, Indonesia & the Philippines. They are only granted 30 day visas & frequently get denied entry by the Immigration officers & hence it's less common for them to be around long enough to build up a reputation & get recommended. You may see a girl a couple of times & then she's gone & may be back in a week or two months, or never.
On the bright side there are a large number of girls looking for guys, so it's very easy to find someone. One of the main places to try is Orchard Towers which by day is a shopping center & by night is four floors of clubs & bars. Good starting places are Country Jamboree & Ipanema, both at the top of the second floor (assuming you count the ground floor as the first). CJ is quieter than Ipanema, but both are free to enter so you can try both. Ipanema is probably the top choice in OT, even though many say it's not what it used to be.

There are numerous other bars, some of which are Buy Me Drink bars where you buy a hostess a drink & she keeps you company. You're unlikely to get anything in these bars & it will cost you a lot of money. Be careful in Crazy Horse (third floor I think) as there are a large number of pre & post op transexuals in there. They aren't allowed into Ipanema.

The girls can be quite persistent but take your time & have a good look round first. Rates are S$100-S$200 short time & S$200-S$300 long time. Both of those lower values are difficult to achieve (for me, since I don't look like Brad Pitt) & I won't pay the higher values, but some girls won't budge so I move on. I have a personal limit of S$150 ST & $250 LT plus S$10 taxi money if she's been good. If you go ST many will be keen to finish quickly so they can get back to try for another customer so be aware. Peak traffic is from 10pm to 1am but there will still be girls around at 4-5am, just not the best ones.

Brix is a more upmarket alternative to OT: it's in the basement just to the right of the Hyatt hotel. The girls usually dress rather better but if they don't snag a businessman they may well end up at OT. Rates are rather higher in Brix (S$300 & upward is common) but there's no guarantee of a better experience. I sometimes go for a beer & watch the action, but I've never taken anyone from Brix. Entrance is S$25 on Thursday/Friday/Saturday but you do get one beer.

There are many other bars but these two are a good start.

There are a number of clubs in Clarke Quay (eg Attica) & depending on if you're decent looking you may find something there. It's not my scene so I can't help really. Beware of how you behave with the women: there is an offence of Outraging a Ladies Modesty & several visitors have ended up in real trouble for grabbing the wrong girl. There's even a scam where her male friends claim you have misbehaved but for a substantial payment she will waive the complaint: sums of S$10,000 have been mentioned. It's usually pulled on drunk single males so just be careful if that's you.

There is another aspect of Singapore which are the legal houses in Geylang, but that's a whole other subject. These are usually fishbowl type places where you pick from a line up. The cost is around S$150 for 30 minutes in you're not a local, S$80 if you are. Geylang used to have hundreds of girls standing on the streets & it was amazing sight. There has been a concerted effort to clean up the area & get the girls off the street & into the legal houses so the spectacle is a shadow of it's former self. If you do try this route don't forget your passport as you will need it to book a short time hotel room.

Taxis are difficult to find between 9pm & midnight but at 2am there are hundreds of them waiting to take you home. Most hotels don't have a problem with you bringing in guests but she may have to let them photocopy her passport.
Posted: 2011-06-17, 12:54 pm

gazzzz
only one place to go in singapore
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchard_Towers

check it out four floors ! cool place once you find it
enjoy
Posted: 2011-07-10, 8:20 pm

bitman
If you have a week end free, take a trip to Thailand, pattaya...well worth the trip!

Posted: 2011-12-04, 5:51 pm

tonymunch Power Kat
just arrived in Singapore and went to Orchard Towers on my first night. man its daunting!!! I was hit on about three times, and the girsl really don't give up...esp the ladyboys!

also got dragged into a massage place, and the girl really didn't want to let me go!

such an insane place. i dunno whether i wanna take the plunge or not, but its fun nosing around. and the girls are gorgeous!!

Posted: 2012-04-01, 3:06 pm

klezmorim1980
Singapore is apparently the only place in Asia where prostitution is legal.

You have a very large red light district with tonnes of brothels, bars, hotels and girls standing around looking for business in an area called Geylang. You also have Orchad Towers. Those are the main two spots.
Posted: 2012-04-10, 2:26 am

fredSupporting Member
Supporting Member
klezmorim1980 wrote:
Singapore is apparently the only place in Asia where prostitution is legal.

It's legal in Macau as well.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: