Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Thailand?
Posted: 2011-07-12, 11:48 am

liam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
How much spending money would roughly be needed for a week in Thailand? With no holding back, drinking, eating, girls and good hotel?
Re: Thailand?
Posted: 2011-07-12, 7:47 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
liam123cfc wrote:
How much spending money would roughly be needed for a week in Thailand? With no holding back, drinking, eating, girls and good hotel?

Depends.

Depends where you go in Thailand - Bangkok and tourist areas such as Phuket are going to be the most expensive, Pattaya moderately expensive, the most rural area in say Issan the least expensive.

Accomodation - Depends what you mean by a 'good hotel'. In Pattaya a guesthouse would cost a min. of 500 baht a night. A top range hotel 3000 baht per night.

Girls - Depends on how attractive the girl is and where you picked her up. On Pattaya beach road, a freelancer would cost 600 baht for short-time. Whilst a girl taken from a go-go bar might cost you 3000baht+ for long-time. Depends on how many girls that you go with.

Beer - depends what you drink and where you drink it. A Leo from a 7-11 might be around 50 baht, a Carlsberg from a go-go bar (including the obligatory 'lady drink') I wouldn't like to say.

Also depends on what you do whilst your there such as go-kart racing, scooter hire, jet ski (factor in for some scam regarding damage to the jet ski) or just lay on the beach.

For one week 'no holding back', less flights and transfers, I would guess 40,000 baht.

Seems that you need to do alot more research. One you have done some more reading on the subject, feel free to come back with any additional queries that you may have.

bb69

Posted: 2011-07-12, 8:54 pm

liam
Cheers for the info. Thinking of going for a week early next year and just wanted to clear a few things up first as I know barely nothing about it. Pattaya would be the spot I intent to visit.
Posted: 2011-07-12, 9:27 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
billybob69 wrote:
Seems that you need to do alot more research. One you have done some more reading on the subject, feel free to come back with any additional queries that you may have.

Re-reading this again, it made it sound quite aggressive. It wasn’t supposed to be.

liam123cfc wrote:
Cheers for the info. Thinking of going for a week early next year and just wanted to clear a few things up first as I know barely nothing about it. Pattaya would be the spot I intent to visit.

Start by doing a search on here for Thailand. Pattaya newbie guide is also a good start http://www.pattayanewbie.com/index.html The best forum that I’ve found is Pattaya Addicts http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/

Early next year would be a good time to go. It's currently monsoon season there!

Doing research on the place before you go really does enhance your experience whilst you are there.

Although if you do decide to go to Pattaya, expect your life never to be the same again. You have been warned!

bb69

Posted: 2011-08-20, 12:26 pm

RLDfan
Agree with BillyBob ..i discovered Thailand in 2007 and cannot go with any prostitute in Europe now. (ihaven't come back to rld since)
Thailand has it all : weather, beautiful beaches, gentle people, great massages (thai and foot are my favorites), fantastic food and girls... The girls are totally GFE , but from my experience, bar girls or massage gir, even if less beautiful,l are much nicer once in the room). What is cool is that they kiss, cuddle and you can stay with them several days to tour the country if you find a nice one.

I now go twice a year there and it's a hard drug. (next stop in November)
For the weather i have been there in April,May,July, August, October and November. My favorites are April for the hotest weather of year and November. Even moonsoon season is nice with just some heavy rains once or twice a day. I would just avoid december because everything cost more and there are way too much people.

Concerning the price i usually plan around 100€ a day for girls, drink, food ( hotels and hand made suits not included, i usually spend 15-20€ a day for nice rooms in hotels with pools. Guesthouses can be much cheaper. For suits i always come back with made on measures shirts and suits )

what is fine with Thailand is that you can go crazy one day, go to Devil's Den (search the net), eat seafood on WS, pay bottles in night club and your final spendings will not be that important.
If you eat thai the prices of the meals will be very cheap (can eat for 1-2 euros in small restaurants or excellent street food ).
For girls the prices are usually 5-700 bahts for short time (soi 6), 1000 - 2000 bahts for the night and 300-500 bahts barfine. A little bit more expensive in Bangkok.

You also can get useful information on the Pattaya Secrets forum.

I would say that one week is very short ... And that Thailand has many nice places to visit out of Bkk and Pattaya (islands, north near chiang mai , isan etc ).

The first travel to Thailand is usually something you remember your whole life
Posted: 2011-08-27, 5:31 pm

midsmike
Before you go do loads of research otherwise you will be like a rabbit in headlights in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket. Read the many forums Pattaya Addicts or Pattaya Secrets give plenty of advice. Stickmans guide to Bangkok is also a good read.

Regards how much money as others have said depends on what you want, but Thailand can be cheap in comparison to Amsterdam in regards prices for women and hotels even though the baht is very strong at present. In Pattaya can get a very decent hotel in the 1000-1500 baht a night with a pool, in my opinion need a pool to relax in during the day as the beach and sea is not great. Can get a freelance for 1000 baht a night but of course you are taking more of a risk than bar fining a girl.

Just do loads of research and then enjoy and avoid falling in love.
Posted: 2011-10-18, 9:49 pm

Davey88
I'm seriously considering Thailand and found the following website a good tool:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Thailand

It gives you background on the history but more importantly an insight to their culture and how to act, majority of it common sense but some things I'm really glad I know now rather than going in blind. Here is a list of it's contents:

Contents

Regions
Cities
Other destinations
[+] Understand
[+] Get in
[+] Get around
[+] See
[+] Do
Talk
[+] Buy
Learn