Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Is Washington the new Amsterdam West?
Posted: 2013-08-20, 10:57 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetings all:
I saw this in the L.A. Times today.
Could this be the beginning of Amsterdam West?
I thought that title would end up here in Orange County…
The City of Santa Ana in particular, as they had upwards of 70 dispensaries in the city.
Unfortunately, the operational word here is “had”…
Over the last six months, due to a changed philosophy at the decision-makers level, all but a handful of shops have either closed or have become a delivery-only service.
So very sad…sorry for the digression…
On the positive side, check out what they’re doing in Washington.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-c1- ... .htmlstory

I like the bar owner...funny guy. Love his comment on prostitution.
I'm guessing we will see many more "Private Spaces" being added to existing businesses.
The City of Madrid is also seeing a growth of Private smoking clubs.
Payment of an annual membership fee gives you access.

Give them about a year to get the bugs out of the system, and I think the State of Washington might deserve a summer-time visit.
Salud,
-ale

Posted: 2013-08-21, 2:08 pm

HighClouds
I'm impressed! And something tells me the quality is likely to be better than Amsterdam. And besides, Seattle is such a gorgeous city anyway; just imagine it in a haze!

HC
Re: Is Washington the new Amsterdam West?
Posted: 2013-08-23, 11:49 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It's looking that way! I live a few miles south of Seattle and things are looking up. With all the Med. Shops popping up you can get whatever you want now, as long as you know someone with a card. Which you can get for $250.00 from any " Clinic " doctor. I'm down to 13 strains as we speak. All we need now is some of those fine red lights....COOTER

Posted: 2013-08-24, 2:23 pm

HighClouds
Hmmm...I'm surprised you need to see a doctor. Wasn't the idea of total legalization the ability get some without jumping through prescription hoops? I imagine those types of shops/stores/services will pop up any day now.
Posted: 2013-08-26, 4:25 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Right now there are no shops open to legally purchase without the card. I believe it will be the first of the year, before they get their shit together. We can carry up to an Oz. on our person, but at this point in history there is no where to purchase yet.......Soon, Very Soon.........COOTER

Posted: 2013-08-28, 2:22 am

HighClouds
Very nice! I'll plan a trip for early next year then, and test the waters.
Posted: 2013-08-29, 9:50 pm

HighClouds
Here's the latest news - and a great piece of news too.

http://news.msn.com/us/feds-wont-sue-to ... n-2-states

Do it all over the country already!!!
Posted: 2015-02-10, 11:36 am

lior52
HighClouds wrote:
I'm impressed! And something tells me the quality is likely to be better than Amsterdam. And besides, Seattle is such a gorgeous city anyway; just imagine it in a haze!

HC

Quality better?? you guys can't handle the strong dutch stuff so it will not be better but cheap soft shit.
Posted: 2015-02-10, 9:00 pm

dayman
well in seattle you can legally buy shatter so winner winner chicken dinner. Who wants to smoke flowers? Its 2015.
Posted: 2015-02-20, 5:07 pm

HighClouds
lior52 wrote:
HighClouds wrote:

HC

Quality better?? you guys can't handle the strong dutch stuff so it will not be better but cheap soft shit.

Quality and strength are not necessarily synonymous, my friend..:)
Posted: 2015-02-26, 5:51 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Well, with the development of super-strong weed something's gained but something's lost.

When I was younger smoking up was almost like a campfire activity. Roll one up, pass it around. Roll another one up, pass it around. One could do this for quite some time, and it was a really nice shared social experience.

Now I'm afraid it would be more like Roll one up, pass it around, Roll another one up, pass it around, fall of out your chair and drool.

[ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: