Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
6 Hour Lay Over in BKK
Posted: 2006-03-22, 2:47 pm

hizbashi
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Any advice on how to use this time in a creative way? Thanks!
Re: 6 Hour Lay Over in BKK
Posted: 2006-03-22, 3:12 pm

ChokDi
What time of day?

CD

Posted: 2006-03-22, 3:46 pm

hizbashi
Noon to 6.
Posted: 2006-03-22, 7:39 pm

ChokDi
Then go to a massage parlour: you don't have time for anything else and most of the girly bars will either be shut or very quiet. It takes about an hour from wheels hitting the tarmac to clear customs and immigration, and you need to be back in plenty of time to pass security, so realisitically you have just about enough time to get a taxi to an MP and enjoy a couple of hours before you have to head back.

Enjoy,

CD

Posted: 2006-03-22, 8:09 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Yup, MP is your only option. On one occasion I managed to get a massage with a happy ending at the parlour inside the terminal itself. If memory serves correctly I read that one of the hotels near the airport has a health centre where more is available. Suggest you find a Thai board and ask there.

B61
Posted: 2006-03-23, 12:58 am

bartender100
Not enough time for leaving the airport in my opinion,somtimes the cues at immigration to get out are very long,traffic is jammed around the airport.
If your flight is later in the year the new airport will be open,an hour or so to Pattaya,so near,but so far.
Posted: 2006-03-23, 8:14 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Had a browse and cannot find the board where I read about hotels near the airport which offer massage with extras. However, I can confirm that the Amari Airport hotel - which is linked directly to the terminals by footbridge - does have a "health centre" offering massage. I expect that HJ will be available, but likely no more than that, and given the prime position for farangs with lots of money and little time rates will be higher than elsewhere in BKK.

I think 6 hours is enough, the point about immigration queues is correct - always worth getting off your flight quickly - but an hour should be enough then 30-60 minutes to a parlour, an hour of fun, 60 minutes back (around 4pm, so traffic busier) and you are back at the airport 2 hours before departure.

B61
Posted: 2006-03-24, 8:18 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
If you leave the airport you will have to get your passport stamped with an entry stamp. It will be a big risk if you can make it to town and back in time for your flight due to traffic. You will probably have to pay departure tax since you have entered the country- make sure to have enough cash to pay depart tax in case they hit you up for it.

Eden Club on sub soi 7/1 might be an option. No need to get a short time room since action takes place on site. You can get two girls at the same time and most anything goes with the Eden girls. Eden Club opens about noon if I remember. The chicks won't be stunners but you will never forget your experience.

Many of the massage parlors are not open till 4 PM so if you hit a MP make sure they are open that early.

If you risk it and head to town make sure to tell your driver to take the toll road and have some small denomination bills available for tolls.

With the amount of time you have, due to traffic, it is a gamble to try and get some action and make it back in time. You might pull it off or you might not.

Up To You.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: