Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Mexico
Posted: 2006-04-28, 11:06 pm

Rainer
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
The Mexican Congress today passed a law that decriminalized possession of less than 5 grams of marijuana. Same goes for small amounts of heroin, cocaine and opium. Of course this doesn't mean that we will soon be seeing Amerstdam-styled coffeeshops any time soon, but it is a start.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060428/ts_ ... o_drugs_dc

Posted: 2006-04-29, 3:51 am

Boaby
Here in Scotland the cops, yes the COPS, have put forward a statement from their annual federation to the effect that they believe the way to solve the drug problem here is to legalise everything, hard and soft. The lights just might be going on in the corridors of power, maybe pursuing policies that put billions in the hands of criminals probably isn’t helping.
Re: Mexico
Posted: 2006-05-01, 7:19 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
" US Officials visited Mexico last week to discuss drug control issues but were told nothing of the proposed legislation. "

Brilliant.

The narco traffic gang wars continue to get worse down on the border.

Babyguy and I partied in Boystown in Nuevo Laredo in January at a brothel called Danash. While we were there that night it was obvious that some of the clubs patrons were narco transporters and support gang members.

A few weeks after our trip the two club owners were both shot dead in the driveway of their home. Robbery did not seem to be a motive as the female was wearing expensive jewelry and had ten thousand dollars in her purse.

A few weeks later I believe the club was reopened by a family member, I believe the owners brother. Now he too has been murdered and the club remains closed.

I wonder if this so called decriminilazation will extend to tourists. I would not mind laying around the hotel nursing my hangover with a lovely pipe of opium on my next border run.

As for the Mex Feds fighting the real drug dealers- good luck. The cartel members don't play nice

What are all the Tijuana cops do for extra money if they can't shake down tourists to see if they are carrying any drugs ?
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: