Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Bareback Bennie Rides Again
Posted: 2010-11-20, 5:26 am

MagooTooSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
From AP:

"VATICAN CITY: The Vatican said Friday it was planning to issue a set of guidelines to bishops around the world on ... the sexual abuse of children by priests. "

You can bet there will be strict instructions that condoms are absolutely prohibited, even if the priest already has AIDS.

Posted: 2010-11-20, 10:37 pm

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Heard on the news today that he pope is going to allow the use of condoms - but only restricted circumstances: male prostitutes

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/11/2 ... ndoms.html

But still not allowed for the priests...

Re: Bareback Bennie Rides Again
Posted: 2010-11-23, 11:49 am

jgramos Moderator
I heard the pope is saying everyone can use condoms to battle against STI's/STD's, but it's not being looked upon as a contraceptive measure!!! lol!!

Peace

Posted: 2010-11-23, 6:30 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Actually I think the announcement makes sense if you start with the Popes world view. The doctrine is that contraceptives should not be used. When condoms are used in gay sex they are not contraceptives because there is no possibility of conception. The Pope is careful to say that this is not an endorsement of gay sex. but between the two options of use or not the former is the better moral choice in that it respects the value of life more. So it is a step in the right direction.

I don't share the Pope's assumptions in this argument, but I can't fault his logic if one starts where he does.

Posted: 2010-11-24, 4:33 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Interestingly enough today the Pope clarified that condoms can be used for unmarried hetero-sex too. The thinking being that concern for your fellow man/woman in the prevention of AIDS trumps the ban on contraception. Presumably married couples still can't use condoms because there's no risk of AIDS...right?

Posted: 2010-11-25, 3:10 pm

jgramos Moderator
"Presumably married couples still can't use condoms because there's no risk of AIDS...right?" - I'd guess so Neurosynth! lol!!

To be fair, the pope's right, but surely it's a few decades late!?!

Peace

Posted: 2010-12-06, 9:09 pm

MagooTooSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Bennie seems particularly concerned for the welfare of male prostitutes.

Wonder how many started out as altar boys....

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: