Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Off topic football question
Posted: 2009-05-11, 11:10 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was watching the Chelsea and Barcelona match and pounding beers the other night while in Maastricht. The game was announced in Dutch and I still dont understand what happened at the end but I could tell the Chelsea players were not happy at all. My understanding of football is limited but I really enjoy watching the sport but can someone explain what happened and why Barcelona was declared the winner of a 1-1 match? It is possible that I just missed something but the whole thing was confusing for me?

Miles Davis
Re: Off topic football question
Posted: 2009-05-12, 4:23 am

rheingau Power Kat
This was the second match between these two teams. They play one game at each team's home ground. Away goals count 2, home goals count 1. The aggregate 'adjusted' score is what decides who goes on to the next round.
Off topic football question
Posted: 2009-05-12, 4:59 am

smuler Power Kat
Hey Rheingau

The "inflated score " is just for the final score ?

If I scored the goal for Barcelona, and at the end of the 1-1 match, the final score was poted as 2-1 , do I get individual credit for 2 goals ?

A confused Smuler

Posted: 2009-05-12, 10:45 am

jacsmi
you get credited for one goal and it still says 1 - 1 not 2 - 1.
Its called an away goal and it only comes into effect in a knock out competition like the champions leagues that
this match fell under during the week.
It will only really count in the event its a draw...so it a game finished 5 - 5 over two legs, then whoever
scored the most goals in the possitions ground will go thru. E.G
If Chelsea played at home to Barcelona and it was 2 - 2
and barca played chelsea at home and it was 3 - 3, then chelsea go through.

If it was 3 -0 to chelsea in barcelonas ground after the first game and 4 - 0 to barcelona in the second game in chelseas ground then barca would win 4-3. The 3 goals would not count double as it didnt finish in a tie of goals
Re: Off topic football question
Posted: 2009-05-12, 5:46 pm

jgramos Moderator
Drogba's tantrum was just cos he's a bad loser. ha ha!! Here's a snippet from the BBC website:

"Chelsea striker Didier Drogba labelled referee Tom Henning Ovrebo a "disgrace" after his side's Champions League exit at the hands of Barcelona.

The Blues felt they had four strong shouts for penalties before Barcelona won the semi-final on away goals with a 93rd-minute Andres Iniesta strike.

After the 1-1 second-leg draw, Drogba ran on to the pitch to confront Ovrebo at the final whistle and was booked.

He then shouted and swore into TV cameras and may face action from Uefa."

Man U would've just beaten them in the final anyway....Man U vs Barcelona will be a far better game!

Peace

Posted: 2009-05-12, 6:17 pm

smuler Power Kat
Thanks for the reply.

When I took this job, they told me that there would be no math....

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-05-13, 1:08 pm

jacsmi
Yeah drogba was out or order, for anyone who hasnt seen it search on you tube. The guy earns over 100k a week and behaves like that!!
To be fair, Piques handball was the most blanant penalty I have ever seen but I did shout the house down when Barcaelona scored in the last minute.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: