Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 25 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Donations to board
Posted: 2009-01-28, 4:08 pm

axxxtw Founder
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
We have found and set up a new payment processing service. Click the "Donate" link above.

Payments (as before) are secure and discreet. if you have used Paypal, the interface should look familiar.

We shall make a separate post about this later today.

As far as collecting cash or making arrangements to do so, it's really not practical, but we'll give the idea some more thought.

Cheers all.

Posted: 2009-01-29, 3:02 am

MagooTooSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Food for the More Thought, axxxtw:

If the site has a bank a/c (which I suppose it does, how else do the epayments get there), is it not Very Easy to let us know the details so anyone can make a cash deposit in a bank in Amsterdam. Where I live this is very easy to do.

Usually on the deposit slip there's a field for some reference, could use the donor's login name, that would work nicely, and you'd see from your statement who it came from. And maybe the site name too, if the bank a/c is shared with other purposes.

It's nice you have set up a new epayment system, but it still doesn't address the issue for those who can't or won't use a credit card for whatever reason.

Just trying to help. Plus I want into the Inner Circle.

Posted: 2009-01-29, 8:56 pm

clostro Power Kat
If it is realistic i would support the proposition of Magoo.
Clostro
Posted: 2009-01-30, 12:47 am

rheingau Power Kat
Just set up a new account for this purpose, make sure the reference is formalised, make the relevant international codes as well as the NL ones known and hey presto. Hey you could set up a US account just for this purpose as well, although maybe that's not a good idea actually!
Posted: 2009-03-27, 5:26 am

MiamiDaveSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Passing on some feedback regarding the new AlertPay donation system.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be that practical for you for several reasons....

1) The only way I could seem to be able to make a donation was by first getting money into an AlertPay account. So problem #1 is the need to set up a new account which will be a pain for a lot of people.

2) Assuming that someone goes through the trouble of setting up an account, it seems the only way to get money into the AlertPay account is: Bank Wire, Bank Transfer, Certified Check/Cashier’s Check, Money Order. The last two are a pain to physically get, and I suspect that many will be skeptical setting up the first two, especially in light of the fact that AlertPay no longer can accept Visa or Mastercard for donations. (often when CC processors stop dealing with a company is because of lots of fraud complaints.) In fairness to AlertPay, maybe it was AlertPay that was getting ripped off by people depositing "money" into their alert pay accounts using stolen credit card numbers). But even if there was a way to fund your AlertPay account via credit card, as mentioned before a lot of people on this board will not want to do this for privacy reasons.

I can see why you may not want to receive cash payments to an ignatzmice personal address. Could you not set up a P.O. Box in the Netherlands that people could send cash to? I assume that these would be only a few Euros a month cost. I would be happy to make the first $50 donation to cover the first couple months rent.

Sure, people are typically reluctant to send cash through the mail because it is too easy to get ripped off. But this is not the typical exchange where someone sends money in exchange for goods. Here we would be sending you money as a donation. All that needs to happen is for you to get the money. Shit, you even hint that any funds you receive will be used to by pills, booze and girls! As far as any reasonable person is concerned, dropping the cash in an envelope and sending it to you should be risk free. The worst thing that could happen is they do not get a supporting star beside their name!

I would feel much more comfortable in taking my chances and sending cash in an envelope to a P.O. Box listed on this website than setting up some kind of bank transfer system between my bank account and AlertPay and then hoping I don't get ripped off somehow. Last thing I need is having all my mongering savings get diverted to some King in Nigeria! Searching on AlertPay and AlertPay scams doesn't bring alot of assurances...

Anyways, just trying to help and hopefully offer some suggestions on how to help fund the board...

If you detail your concerns about receiving anonymous cash donations, I bet board members would help brain storm and hopefully come up with solutions to any concerns.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 25 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: