Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
UK TV Now GMT 9pm 30/10/07 - Roger Cook's Greatest Hits
Posted: 2007-10-30, 11:04 pm

cocksure Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
This guy used to bust organised gangs and criminals on TV. He was well known in the 90s for being hospitalised and having multiple death threats on his head.

This is a best of program but reason I'm bringing this up is because I saw a trailer and he apparently covers the story of a reverse typical trafficking incident where an English woman apparently went for a regular job in Amsterdam and became a drug addict (apparently forced??) and she went into prostitution.

Did anyone ever notice this woman? I saw a video of her today and her looks and teeth were nasty - she wouldn't have got any trade on the Tromp for sure! btw she is ginger frizzy shoulder length hair, very pale, English.

Maybe she was a street walker? Anyone on here ever go with her?

Program just started now and showed a few glimpses of old Amsterdam! Interesting that they show video of the girls without smudging the faces out of the footage.

Quote:
9.00pm Roger Cook's Greatest Hits
ITV1

The investigative journalist returns to his old haunts to find out what has happened since his original exposes of scandals and villains worldwide. His journey takes him from Snakehead gang rackets and organised crime in Spain to canned lion-hunting in South Africa. Cook also revisits the harrowing trade in young women sold by sex traffickers to discover the fate of one particular British woman

(subtitles) (widescreen)

Runtime: 1 hour 30 minutes (finishes in 1 hour 30 minutes)
Re: UK TV Now GMT 9pm 30/10/07 - Roger Cook's Greatest Hits
Posted: 2007-10-30, 11:51 pm

cocksure Power Kat
She's on TV now. Apparently she went to an interview in a creche and was kidnapped and forced to take drugs then threatened with death if she did not work as a prostitute.

Sounds a bit farfetched to me - why would they bother threatening a UK national for this when a local one would do? Or any woman?

I think the real explanation is that she is perhaps either dim or deluded in some way (this does not excuse her treatment but might explain it).

It does not add up in my mind.
Re: UK TV Now GMT 9pm 30/10/07 - Roger Cook's Greatest Hits
Posted: 2007-10-30, 11:55 pm

steveyb
just seen it,that was pretty heavy. but im sure cook was done for being a fraud a good few years back can anyone remember?

[ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: