Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Only In California
Posted: 2009-11-22, 9:03 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Quick story to share...

My son (Lil Ale) and I both have our Doctor's Recommendation to allow us to purchase Medical Marijuana here where we live in California.

Lil Ale is on his way to a party at a friend's house...Admission to the party is a six-pak of beer.

As he and his friends walk up to the party, local police arrive...They ask for identification and if the boys are carrying any weapons or drugs. Lil Ale tells the officer that he has a small amount of cannabis, and passes it over...along with his medical recommendation.

The cop was none too happy to get this extra piece of documentation. He checks the validity of the rec., comes back and states to my son: "I have to give you back your weed...But I don't have to give you back the beer."

So...at 19 years...he can't legally have a beer here...but his ability to have cannabis is protected by State law...
Ahhh California...
(it's also 72 degrees and sunny here in beautiful Orange...sorry, couldn't help myself.)

cheers all,
-ale

Posted: 2009-11-23, 2:03 am

smuler Power Kat
Hi Ale

Fantastic story.

Hope the six wasn't Pliny, or something along those lines.....

I'm surprised he didn't write a summons for the underage poseesion of the beer ? ?

Just curious

Hope all is well

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-11-24, 8:37 pm

DykVanDyke
It may only be California now, but maybe once the message of studies of the relative harms of marijuana to alcohol seeps through hopefully it'll be a whole lot more places in the not too distant future.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: