Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 38 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Corona related stuff etc....
Posted: 2021-11-26, 11:35 pm

averagejoe
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I thought this thread could be about daily news regarding the situation in NL, BE and DE as its getting worse again..

the idea is simple: if you get any new info just repost it here. can be good for everyone to follow the situation.
---------------
right now sex work is allowed but in BE and NL only at day time (...?). i would guess the women already have left early for christmas because of that.... but if you have been there yourself last week it would me great with a first hand report. (....I was there 3weeks ago and everything was cool then.)

-----------------------

"...The Netherlands will virtually shut down from 5pm to 5am for at least three weeks from Sunday, as the cabinet struggles to reduce the spread of coronavirus, now at some 22,000 new cases a day.

"there are now 528 coronavirus patients on an intensive care ward – action needs to be taken to reduce contacts between people by at least 20%, Rutte said.

Read more at DutchNews.nl:"
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/11/t ... -services/

--------------------------

and also from Belgium
"From tomorrow, nightclubs, discos and dance halls have to close again. “It is a very difficult message,” De Croo said, adding that there will also be a support package."

https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgium/1 ... s-parties/
Re: Corona related stuff etc....
Posted: 2021-11-27, 10:45 pm

IQ
Good idea, Joe. I don't have any first hand knowledge at the moment. However, it would be nice to know how things are shaping up in NL. It seems like it could be a bad winter. Hopefully the extent is limited to this winter and not another year of hell.
Posted: 2021-11-29, 10:39 am

Grassleaf
IQ wrote:
Good idea, Joe. I don't have any first hand knowledge at the moment. However, it would be nice to know how things are shaping up in NL. It seems like it could be a bad winter. Hopefully the extent is limited to this winter and not another year of hell.

Wouldn't count on it, Europe hasn't quite accepted that Covid-19 is now embedded among us and will be a seasonal disease from now on like the flu. People need to STFU and take their vaccines/boosters, but other than that we need to start letting societies breathe again after two years of this shit.
Posted: 2021-11-29, 9:42 pm

IQ
Grassleaf wrote:
People need to STFU and take their vaccines/boosters, but other than that we need to start letting societies breathe again after two years of this shit.

I agree with these principles.
Posted: 2021-11-30, 2:04 am

zoodude
Based on the latest restrictions as of Nov 29th, are the windows still open? I have a work trip scheduled to arrive in AMS on Dec 3rd and can deal with stores bars being closed at 5 pm, but I want the windows to be open. Are windows open by this weekend or not? Thanks, guys, for any info you can offer!
Posted: 2021-12-06, 5:04 pm

averagejoe
windows should be open but restricted to 8am-6pm (day shift)
-------------

would be great to see a report from someone who has been there this month.... anyone??

if I understand everything , bars/pubs also closes at six o clock until the curve turns back. its currently flattened according to last week's data but still very high numbers. So even if its open its no that fun to go there at the moment.. but I could be wrong. would be great to get some first hand info from anyone else here.
Posted: 2021-12-11, 12:23 pm

dorps
Averagejoe, thanks for this thread, it's a useful reference to keep up to date with Covid stuff.

One minor point, I believe that everything closes at 5pm rather than the 6pm you state.

This 5pm closure is in place until at least December 19th.

The government are going to assess the matter next Tuesday (December 14th) to decide whether the 5pm closure needs to be extended. You mention that the curve is flattening, but I would still be surprised if they removed the 5pm restriction - they'll probably want to play it safe for a while longer.
Posted: 2021-12-13, 10:41 am

busted
Morning gents,

The dutchnews website has just announced that the current 5pm closure time is likely to be extended by a further 3 weeks, to be confirmed on Tuesday apparently. I plan to be in AMS early in the new year, so I will report back when on site. Will check De Wallen and Singel areas, purely for research purposes and as a public service for you guys...
Posted: 2021-12-15, 4:17 pm

averagejoe
busted wrote:
Morning gents,

The dutchnews website has just announced that the current 5pm closure time is likely to be extended by a further 3 weeks, to be confirmed on Tuesday apparently. I plan to be in AMS early in the new year, so I will report back when on site. Will check De Wallen and Singel areas, purely for research purposes and as a public service for you guys...

sounds good. Im curious if there are more or less girls in the windows because of this. what do the night shift workers do for example....
Posted: 2021-12-18, 10:39 pm

dorps
Bad news. The Dutch have just announced a full lockdown until 14 January at the earliest:

https://www.government.nl/topics/corona ... etherlands

I’m sure the vaccination rate is fairly high in the NL, so this Covid just seems like it’s going to be a never ending future of intermittent lockdowns. New variants may keep popping up.
Posted: 2022-01-03, 11:37 pm

averagejoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzp4qGRg3E

I guess the lockdown will continue over the 14th of january as there was a huge protest yesterday...
press conference tomorrow that will tell for sure... but their numbers aren't that good yet. it went down for a while but now back up again during christmas/new year

If I would guess, . both january and feb are fucked.

however it might be an idea to book hotel during a lockdown as it was last year. prices are always lower during a lockdown.
Posted: 2022-01-04, 1:10 pm

dorps
I agree it is likely they will extend the lockdown beyond 14th January. I think they will probably be cautious when they take their decision, even though numbers are down quite a bit since early December.

Hospital beds occupied had been falling since 7th December but have nudged up a little in the couple of days since 1st Jan. 1,255 beds occupied yesterday is much lower than at same time last year, and considerably lower than the peak of 3,300 in March 2020:

https://coronadashboard.government.nl/l ... is-opnames

One of the ladies in the video made the point that the issue is simply insufficient hospital capacity and that the netherlands has poor capacity relative to their population size. If there were more hospitals, there may not be a lockdown.

I had a look at one of the hotels i normally book, and they've just put a flat rate for February onwards (same price every day). It isn't really cheaper. Perhaps they will lower prices if lockdown is extended.
Posted: 2022-01-05, 4:10 am

funfor2houston
Wow , what’s with the police beating anti vax protestors …dogs and all. Sure didn’t look good.
Posted: 2022-01-10, 12:32 am

averagejoe
okok, well good to know. Im currently looking for dates in july. I always use the site bookings com for my stays. my usually hotel is currently around 70E/night compared to 120 pre covid 2019, I also booked there during covid for rather cheap... .. but one factor might also be that Im booking in advance this time..
Posted: 2022-01-10, 1:25 am

dorps
I always use hotels.com. Had a quick look at July and it is 25% more expensive than in February! February is roughly the same price as before Covid. So no cheap deals as yet.
Posted: 2022-01-13, 5:57 pm

averagejoe
Germany:
Frankfurt / Hessen area is now under restrictions/ lockdown.
for an example Mainhattan and others well known FKK are currently closed https://fkk-mainhattan.de

I was thinking about going to germany in mars.... not sure if its better to go now asap (berlin/munchen or area?) or just forget about it.... I get the feeling that more Bundesländer (areas) will follow rather soon feb-mars....
Posted: 2022-01-15, 12:43 am

averagejoe
The netherlands: sex workers are allowed to start working again tomorrow . Day time only until 17:00. Night time seems to be restricted.

Got this news from twitter. Anyone who can confirm this?
Posted: 2022-01-15, 4:33 am

nyc diesel
Very possible.

Even Park 118 is open. I anticipate friction between establishments, government, and law enforcement/legal organizations, etc. But I'm 4000 miles away.

In the meantime, some lucky people can enjoy their own friction. //

https://www.privehuis118amsterdam.nl/

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2022/01/c ... the-rules/
Posted: 2022-01-15, 11:34 am

Grassleaf
averagejoe wrote:
The netherlands: sex workers are allowed to start working again tomorrow . Day time only until 17:00. Night time seems to be restricted.

Balls, if this is true then I just booked a mini-break in Edinburgh when I should have gone to Amsterdam. I'd heard it was going to be in lockdown for a few more weeks at least.
Posted: 2022-01-15, 12:39 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
averagejoe wrote:

Confirmed. I walked by the Achterdam this morning and saw them reopening and putting the sign back up with the opening hours (9 - 5).

[ 38 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: