Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
COUGH COUGH Tra-la-la.
Posted: 2006-02-06, 8:35 pm

axxxtw Founder
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Ignatzmice got sick, and both admins had nasty colds requiring downtime---the result was we 3 were all offline for a few days.

Sorry for the delay in getting the board back up and running.

Tra-la-la.

Last edited by axxxtw on 2006-02-07, 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: COUGH COUGH Tra-la-la.
Posted: 2006-02-06, 8:39 pm

lctric
Whew!!

Nice to see the Forum back up and hope you guys are getting over whatever it was that has kept you down for all this time.

Sickness Sucks!
Posted: 2006-02-06, 9:32 pm

uberchef
Whoa. Don't panic the masses like that! ;-)

Get better soon, Mice. Though I've been ridiculed in the past by friends and family for my advice regarding getting-over colds, it hasn't stopped me from passing it along yet!

My advice is two-fold. Part one is basically, just eat some cloves of fresh, raw garlic. The following is taken from www.drweil.com, he's a natural healing type dude.

Scientific proof is in the pudding: Garlic is a powerful natural medicine. It has abilities to lower cholesterol and reduce clotting of the blood. It can also help lower high blood pressure. In addition raw garlic is a potent antibiotic, especially active against fungal infections, with antibacterial and antiviral effects as well. An effective home remedy for colds is to eat several cloves of raw garlic at the first onset of symptoms. Eating raw garlic does not appeal to everyone, but garlic loses its antibiotic properties when you cook or dry it, and commercial garlic capsules do not preserve the full activity of the fresh bulb. You can make raw garlic more palatable by chopping it fine, mixing it with food, and eating it with a meal. Or cut a clove into chunks and swallow them whole like pills. Chewing some fresh parsley after eating garlic also minimizes the odor. If it gives you flatulence, eat less.

Part two involves a product available only in the US currently (I believe). It's called 'Airborne' and it was invented by a teacher so she wouldn't get sick around kids all the time. Particularly effective when traveling! It's an effervescent tablet--like alka seltzer--that is loaded with vitamins, sort of an immune system boost to help stave off colds. Give it a try, if it's available to you!

Good health you you all,
~uber.
Posted: 2006-02-06, 11:36 pm

greta
We board members cherish the work of the Administrators and they're few worse things I experienced this weekend than finding that their site was not there.

So guys - I'm glad that your colds are getting better and that you're back!

greta
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: