Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
A little news from Philadelphia you might find amusing...
Posted: 2006-11-01, 5:09 am

killer_doll
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I live just outside Philadelphia and I go to college there, and I get the Metro while I'm there. Lately they have been reporting on the fact that City Council is considering banning rolling papers and cheap cigars (because it's a well known fact that they're emptied of the tobacco most of the time and filled with good ole' Mary J.)

Honestly, I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I mean technically, they ARE tobacco products, what someone uses them for is out of the hands of the person who sells it.

In the "Letters" section of today's Metro there were two responses to articles about this that I thought were pretty good so here they are.

From Emily Petry of South Philadelphia -
"Regarding 'Cracking down on the 'loosies' (Oct. 26): I find the fact that City Council is considering banning rolling papers and cheap cigars to be completely laughable. Surely Jerry Rocks Sr. has his heart in the right place, but prohibition is the wrong road to go down. We live in a country where everyone says they love their freedoms so much, but then it gets thrown down the toilet every day in the interest of 'protecting children.' Parents ought to be protecting their kids and should stop expecting City Council to do it for them. I am a responsible, 33-year old adult who believes that cannabis should be legalized and sold in stores in the same manner alcohol is. Maybe fewer kids would get their hands on it if it was. And I am absolutely not the only person in this country who thinks that. There are actually a lot of non-potheads who feel the same."

From Marcus Kay of Manayunk
"Regarding 'City moves forward on its ban of blunts' (Oct. 27): How absurd of our elected City Council officials. Shouldn't they focus on real problems like homelessness, failing schools, or the lack of tourism? Instead they are spending valuable time trying to legislate the sale of rolling papers and blunts in convenience stores. Will this really stop kids from smoking marijuana? Or will we need to stop the sale of plastic soda bottles, 5-gallon buckets, and aluminum foil so kids can't make bongs? Seriously, our City Council needs to address real problems."

Marcus Kay's response cracked me up at the end. Now I'm waiting for the day when I walk into a store to buy some aluminum foil and they ask for my ID to make sure I'm at least of legal age. ;)

Posted: 2006-11-01, 7:53 pm

Wim Admin
Some reality news froms Phila in the middle of FKK Nymphomania !! hey, that is a good one Killer_Doll , your girly babbling makes everyone speechless overhere ... !
Anyway, I liked to read your news ... !
Please keep posting
Posted: 2006-11-01, 8:13 pm

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I am most entertained by your threads. I think you are the most interesting person to come onto the site in absolutely ages.

Good luck in London.
Re: A little news from Philadelphia you might find amusing..
Posted: 2006-11-02, 10:47 pm

DedalusPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Wim wrote:
"Some reality news froms Phila in the middle of FKK Nymphomania !!"

Come, come, Sir Wim. Certainly you are not saying that our FKK lives are lacking reality, are you? Das gibts doch nicht.

It has been a while since I have visited W. C. Fields favorite city, but I remember a town with many and bigger problems to deal with than regulating empty cigar leaves.

Philadelphia freedom lives on.

Cheers,

Dedalus
Re: A little news from Philadelphia you might find amusing..
Posted: 2006-11-03, 11:29 am

Wim Admin
Hey Sir Ded (that is a good one !)

I thought her " ... you might find amusing" was subtle

Tschuss ,

Wim
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: