Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Carry on items allowed on airlines?
Posted: 2007-06-20, 8:35 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have been trying to figure out whether I am allowed to carry on two water bottles with water.I have called the airlines and seem to get a differing opinion each time.Several folks I know that have traveled lately tell me differing stories about what you can carry on and the US FAA website discusses carry on items but it is about as clear as mud.

Miles Davis
Re: Carry on items allowed on airlines?
Posted: 2007-06-20, 8:52 pm

johnny
I guess this was the page? (I found the link on the FAA's site). To me, it seems you can only have water with you if it's a medical requirement. The container must fit inside a quart-sized ziplock bag.

Of course, it may vary from airline to airline, and from airport to airport.

If it helps: flying from the UK, you have to surrender drinks bottles at the security line. However, there's the chance to buy more drinks at the duty-free after the security line and on the plane. Flying back out of Amsterdam, the same rules apply, although the security check is right before you go onto the plane and duty-free drinks get security sealed so you can take them through the checks.

If you're getting conflicting advice from the airline, I guess you could just take the risk and bring the water with you. The worst that could happen is that they confiscate it from you and let you get on the plane anyway, right? (Although on second thoughts, maybe the worst that could happen is that the security guy gets out the KY and rubber gloves to check that you're not concealing additional beverages about your person)
Posted: 2007-06-20, 11:14 pm

riley
I've gone to Amsterdam from the USA three times this year, and the rules have at least been consistent on all 6 flites across the pond. You cannot bring any water-bottle to the airport and onto the plane, period. What you can do is check your bags and get thru security, then, buy water (or juice, etc) within the airport, and carry that bottle onto the plane.
Bon voyage.
Posted: 2007-06-21, 5:37 am

Luther Head
If you are flying Continental, you may want to refrain from drinking or eating.

Take a look at the link below:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19332724/
Posted: 2007-06-21, 10:09 am

makelove Power Kat
You are inside of Europe usually allowed to carry 1dl of liquids on the airplane (for me that is a tube of toothpaste and some deodorant).
If you have no more transit then feel free to buy as much as you like at the tax-free.
Outside of Europe there are often different rules. Last week I saw people carrying about 20l of water in big plastic containers inside the airplane without any problem.
Posted: 2007-06-21, 9:07 pm

christurtle
In the US after you pass thru security you can buy bottle water from one of Airport Stores & can carry this water onto the plane. I just did this last weekend.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: