Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Blocking out threads
Posted: 2011-06-05, 5:10 am

SVU18 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I just wanted to express my opinion regarding "Konfundo's" post "is this a good idea?".

I am very annoyed that you chose to shut down that thread... There was an obvious disagreement with posting these videos from a long standing member and great contributor to this site. Now I do not get offended by these links myself, but what does offend me is you shut down the discussion. Telling people to take it to the feedback thread is kind of like hiding it away because there are'nt too many users that go here.

This Konfundo lad has certainly made a name for himself in 62 posts. Lost a few long time contributors in about 2weeks... Look I love this site , and I am not one of those "white knights" Konfundo refers too. But the "tone" of this place has changed. One of the reasons we get some of the ladies as members is because we respect them on this site.

This site was special because of all the inter-personal relationships between the girls and us. Lately it has become just another punter site because of the language and tone of just a couple of people who it seems have no respect at all for the girls or the foundation this site was built on.

Just my opinion...

Posted: 2011-06-05, 6:41 am

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
SVU18 wrote:
I just wanted to express my opinion regarding "Konfundo's" post "is this a good idea?".

This Konfundo lad has certainly made a name for himself in 62 posts. Lost a few long time contributors in about 2weeks... Look I love this site , and I am not one of those "white knights" Konfundo refers too. But the "tone" of this place has changed. One of the reasons we get some of the ladies as members is because we respect them on this site.

This site was special because of all the inter-personal relationships between the girls and us. Lately it has become just another punter site because of the language and tone of just a couple of people who it seems have no respect at all for the girls or the foundation this site was built on.

Losing a few long term members isn't anybodies aim, but regarding George leaving... well, another month, another case of George leaving the site in a huff because it doesn't meet the high standards he sets. It's not his site to dictate the standards, so he's out of order for having yet another hissyfit. Bluto and the team have accomodated him really well for no thanks whatsoever. Not even a link back from his site to this one. Charming.

As for the tone being lowered... I'll admit that some people come and go in a blaze of glory (or shame), but as long as personal abuse isn't aimed at another member then "banter" should be encouraged. However, due to the mindset of a lot of people who frequent prostitutes (and visit this site), and the different nationalities and cultures here, this can lead to some people becoming inadvertantly upset by a very casual remark or joke. This is very unfortunate. But people should be aware of this and not run off in a huff.

And having some of the women post on the site is kind of cute, but not really essential. It's just self promotion. Did Jennifer and Tineke suffer a dip in custom after posting here? No... sales went through the roof. Let's not be mugs, we're walking ATM's to the ladies, so let's not start fawning over their presence here. I'll be more receptive to any working girls posting here if Micers get a better deal than the regular punters. Has that happened?

Anyway, kudos to Bluto and the rest of the team for putting up with all this melodrama. We should all be grateful they don't just shut the place down and tell us to go fuck ourselves.
Re: Blocking out threads
Posted: 2011-06-05, 11:20 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Quote:

Without getting heated or personal I think it's important to point out that this is simply counterfactual. There have been a handful of sex workers on this site and I'd guess they have contributed less than 1% of the posts.

Posted: 2011-06-05, 4:08 pm

SVU18 Power Kat
"Without getting heated or personal I think it's important to point out that this is simply counterfactual".

Heated or personal ? What I said makes you so angry? You don't even know me.. Thats melodrama.

Well, as for George leaving in a huff and his dealings with the owners of the site I am not privey to that so I guess there are other factors involved and yes he might have over reacted.

As far as only 1% posts being attributed to the girls ; I never said that they are a major part of this site, just that they are here..period.

My main point which was not addressed is why the thread was closed? Dissenting opinion I guess equals melodrama?

No problem... just asking. I think the new owners have done a great job to improve this site.

I just see alot of animosity towards the ladies in some recent posts that I did not see before . Hey no big deal... I just did'nt like the thread being locked.. I'm done time to move on.. {:

Posted: 2011-06-05, 4:48 pm

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
You make some valid points. I wouldn't say there's an air of animosity towards the ladies though, but perhaps there is less tendancy to pander to their bullshit. After all, and correct me if I'm wrong, all we want is to have sex without any bullshit... true? I mean, if we wanted to be with a woman who treated us like dirt, took all our money but didn't give us sex, then we'd all have wives and girlfriends, no? So when we receive poor service on our travels, we wonder why we bother ;)
Re: Blocking out threads
Posted: 2011-06-05, 6:03 pm

SVU18 Power Kat
davey1800 wrote:
You make some valid points. I wouldn't say there's an air of animosity towards the ladies though, but perhaps there is less tendancy to pander to their bullshit. After all, and correct me if I'm wrong, all we want is to have sex without any bullshit... true? I mean, if we wanted to be with a woman who treated us like dirt, took all our money but didn't give us sex, then we'd all have wives and girlfriends, no? So when we receive poor service on our travels, we wonder why we bother ;)

I agree .... on eveything. Especially the wife / girlfriend part !

Prostitution is a profession I guess. Just like there are bad teachers,doctors, ect..There are lousy providers. That is what this site is here for among other things.

Like I said, it was'nt so much me being upset about what was said, it was more to the point of not allowing a topic to be fully vented. There was in the past on this site a ferocious protection of these girls. Right or wrong , I was just commenting on the change in the latitude given when commenting negatively on the girls. So long as it pretains to the service or lack there of provided thats cool. I just would'nt like it to come to the point where derogatory comments are a norm just because they are prostitutes.. That is where some members seem to be headed.

Posted: 2011-06-05, 9:30 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
SVU18 wrote:
"Without getting heated or personal I think it's important to point out that this is simply counterfactual".

Heated or personal ? What I said makes you so angry? You don't even know me.. Thats melodrama.

ummmm...

my point was that I was simply pointing out a fact without getting heated or personal about it. I.e. I was trying to preempt any perception of "melodrama." Apparently I failed.

Posted: 2011-06-06, 2:04 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
SVU18 wrote:
Telling people to take it to the feedback thread is kind of like hiding it away because there are'nt too many users that go here.

I'm sorry, but the Amsterdam forum is intended to provide useful information for someone contemplating a trip to our favourite city. A prospective visitor is probably not interested in reading thread after thread full of bickering and absent anything relevant to Amsterdam. Such threads dilute the utility of the Amsterdam forum, hence will not be permitted. They go here. I'm not going to delete comments that fall within the TOS regardless of where they're posted, however, if a thread in any forum other than "Feedback" goes in a similar direction, I will split the thread and move the off-topic posts (which is what they are) here. Your thread here has already received several replies, it remains open, I've edited nothing and this forum is even visible to guests, so we're hardly "hiding it away," okay? If someone makes a post about Thailand in the Amsterdam forum, would you also object when I move it to our less-trafficked Other Cities::World forum?

SVU18 wrote:
My main point which was not addressed is why the thread was closed? Dissenting opinion I guess equals melodrama?

People were asking for a clarification of current board policy. I provided it and, predictably, it upset some folks. It should be obvious that, whenever I have to rule on an issue, it is impossible to please everyone (otherwise there wouldn't be an issue in the first place!) Some seem to forget this from time to time. Some take it a step further and take it personally.

When any past thread has diverged from its original topic and degenerated into bickering (i.e. run its course), we've done the same thing. In my opinion, this one is only controversial because George, once again, made another "grand goodbye" post and stomped off like a small child. I could have left the thread open so that more people could publicly implore George to stick around (again) and give his ego the boost it apparently needs. I chose not to do that this time around. He can stay or he can leave, but he won't be permitted to take up any more board space here with his drama.

As for the other points raised in this thread, I'm starting to believe Davey1800 has telepathic abilities as he's read my mind a couple of times lately. Thanks for the support, mate.

That's all from me, for now. Carry on, gents.

Posted: 2011-06-06, 8:29 pm

SVU18 Power Kat
Fair enough..points taken. Thank you...

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: