Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Can't load some pages
Posted: 2011-10-18, 9:22 am

potlover
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
That's the problem, some pages keeps loading and blocks at the same point.
It happens only with some particular topic such as:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19130

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19068

I've tried with different browsers, pc, smartphone and internet providers.

I've cleared cache, cookies and every data, but still i can sometimes get a fully loaded page when i activate "incognito mode/private browsing".

Ok, i've got quite a shitty connection most of the time, but the problem appears even with some light weight pages.

Am i missing something?

EDIT, it happens with this topic too!
Can read it only with private browsing.

Re: Can't load some pages
Posted: 2011-10-18, 2:06 pm

balou1999_75962
No problems here.

Peace
Posted: 2011-10-18, 8:17 pm

Aardvark
That's so odd. I'm no computer genius but it looks like you've tried everything i'd suggest.

There are no problems on any of those threads (or this one for that matter) from my end either... Any ideas Mods?
Posted: 2011-10-18, 8:21 pm

potlover
I'm figuring out something, little by little, should be some problem with flash player, which gets automatically deactivated in incognito mode.

Still doesn't explain why the problem appears even with mobile devices...

Posted: 2011-10-23, 9:20 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Hi potlover,
I don't know, I can't reproduce this. We had network problems around Oct 14 but those have since been fixed, as far as I know. Are you still having this happen? If so, is it only on ignatz or with other sites as well?

potlover wrote:
Ok, i've got quite a shitty connection most of the time, but the problem appears even with some light weight pages.

I would normally say this was the culprit, though you tell me you've tried with other ISPs, devices, etc, so I really don't know. But even a connection that's slow (e.g. dialup) shouldn't have the problems you're seeing, especially on lightweight pages. What do you mean by shitty? Just slow? I'm thinking even dialup should work fine here unless there are network/upstream issues. I've seen partial page loads occasionally, here and on other sites, when browsing through a proxy server that was probably overloaded. Soon as I would drop the proxy and go direct, it would be fine, so that tells me it wasn't an issue with the ignatz server.

Anyway, please let me know if it's still happening and if you figured anything else out since you last posted. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I don't think there's much I can do to resolve it, but we'll see. Thanks.

Posted: 2011-10-23, 11:07 am

potlover
I've done a clean install of everything (operating system to plugins) and most pages seems to work fine, though i experience some problems now and then.

The strange part is that it happens still with the same topics, and only on this forum.
Sometimes i see something like "waiting for response from Google Analytics" instead of Ignatzmice.com during the loading before the page stops to load.

Yes, connection is slow, but i can still stream videos, load other forums etc etc.
And i'm not using proxies...

But i'm still pretty sure that the problem was a non stable version of Flash plugin (i'm using Ubuntu), which was probably not correctly installed.
I know that there is no Flash here, at least i don't see it, but Firefox kept saying that it was needed to browse this site correctly.

Anyway, i'll be upgrading to local radio repeaters soon, we'll see what happens.

Thanks for your support, but as the problem seems to be only on my side i guess that there's nothing else you could do.

Regards

Posted: 2011-10-23, 11:37 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
potlover wrote:
Sometimes i see something like "waiting for response from Google Analytics" instead of Ignatzmice.com during the loading before the page stops to load.

I've seen that once or twice myself but generally it's fine. It can be a pain if it's slow to respond but I actually haven't run into that for months. Google analytics provides some useful info and it's free, so we use it.

potlover wrote:
But i'm still pretty sure that the problem was a non stable version of Flash plugin (i'm using Ubuntu), which was probably not correctly installed.
I know that there is no Flash here, at least i don't see it, but Firefox kept saying that it was needed to browse this site correctly.

There is an embedded youtube video on the main page, which is probably why. I don't really ever update anything there... I probably should, but I don't, so maybe you can just bookmark the forum instead and avoid the main page, assuming that prevents Firefox from loading the flash plugin?

Posted: 2011-10-23, 11:50 am

potlover
The forum is "starred" yet on Chromium, i've finally decided to take this big step and change main browser once for all.

Once again, thank you for the time you dedicate to this forum, even more appreciated as i am the only one in this situation.

I'll let you know if the problems gets solved upgrading my connection.

[ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: