Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
[split] auto-login, forum permissions, board "age rating", funding the site
Posted: 2011-02-24, 6:31 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
bluto
i have to log in each visit, though i have remember me ticked.
not a great deal, but annoying
regards

Posted: 2011-02-25, 11:49 am

retro Power Kat
Hi Bluto
It's not much and i don't know if it really matters but for a while now you've been able to look at the trip reports and the girls section without being logged in ,when a while back you had to be logged in to look at those sections. You probably know this already but just thought i'd mention it.
Re: Site Suggestions and Technical Issues - Post Here
Posted: 2011-02-28, 3:12 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
bluto
yep, still happening re; log in
regards

Posted: 2011-02-28, 5:34 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
greenhoff wrote:
bluto
yep, still happening re; log in
regards

Can you go to the forum index page and click on "Delete all board cookies" near the bottom right (it's above "Who is Online")? That will log you out and you'll have to log back in again and of course check "Log me in automatically each visit." But it will create a new session and cookie... maybe that will help with propagating the recent changes I've made, not sure.

Please try it and let me know if it helps. If not, there's one other thing I can try (which may or may not make a difference... it shouldn't, but I can try it).

Thanks and sorry about this.

If anyone else is still having this problem, I need to know... please post here.

Posted: 2011-03-01, 8:53 pm

spike56765
Has the board got a new age rating? I wasn't able to log in from my phone on 3G asked for age verification from my service provider, not a big deal, just wonder if it is something changed here before I moan at them! :D :D

Posted: 2011-03-01, 9:06 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
spike56765 wrote:
Has the board got a new age rating? I wasn't able to log in from my phone on 3G asked for age verification from my service provider, not a big deal, just wonder if it is something changed here before I moan at them! :D :D

I didn't change anything... so yeah, this is a question for your service provider. If you don't mind, which company is it (so I can avoid them)?

Posted: 2011-03-01, 10:51 pm

spike56765
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
spike56765 wrote:

I didn't change anything... so yeah, this is a question for your service provider. If you don't mind, which company is it (so I can avoid them)?

Cheers Bluto, it is O2. It's a pain,like to have a look at ignatz in the airport on way to the Dam!

Posted: 2011-03-01, 11:04 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
spike56765 wrote:
Cheers Bluto, it is O2. It's a pain,like to have a look at ignatz in the airport on way to the Dam!

I would complain to your service provider. There must be a way they can disable that bullshit for your account. If not, I'd highly recommend finding a new provider. Do you ever see this with other sites?

Anyone else experienced this? If yes, please post and let us know which OS, phone/PC, browser/version and service provider. I'm just curious if there's a pattern there. Either way, a very unexpected complaint! Wtf...

Posted: 2011-03-02, 12:10 am

akaDrPussy Moderator
Spike/Bluto

I operate an iPhone on a O2 contract and this Age Verification request happened to me this morning. I know other people with O2 who experienced the same thing. I followed the online registration process and this seems to have rectified the problem! So this seems to have been something to do with O2's procedures not Ignatzmice!

Doc

Posted: 2011-03-02, 8:31 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Thanks, Doc. Today's lesson: avoid O2 if at all possible.

Posted: 2011-03-05, 3:25 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
retro wrote:
It's not much and i don't know if it really matters but for a while now you've been able to look at the trip reports and the girls section without being logged in ,when a while back you had to be logged in to look at those sections. You probably know this already but just thought i'd mention it.

After some thought and in light of some recent events I won't go into, we have decided to once again restrict "Trip Reports" and "The Girls" to registered, logged-in users. Thanks for mentioning it.

Posted: 2011-05-05, 5:05 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
A funding suggestion:

I just recently got a good piece of information from one of the threads on the board. I found it valuable enough to me that I made a donation to the site.

I wonder if others might be inclined to do something similar if doing so was made easy and relatively painless.
Just as Facebook has Like buttons we could have a Good Info button. Clicking the button costs you a small amount of money, enough to keep you from randomly clicking on things, yet inexpensive enough not to be painful. A buck or three, let's say. Something that says, "this actually has value to me". Of course, you could provide an override option to allow a donation to be increased. A comment field would be nice as well to allow the member to explain why he felt that the information was useful. Either way, though, the default action should be a quick and easy donation of a small amount. An account would be required, but it would be a one-time setup.

Clicking on the Good Info button to make a site donation is one thing, but it could also serve as the basis for more. Knowing that others have rated something as Good Info - have actually spent money to rate something as good - has value itself and would help to bring others into the system. The Good Info data would be visible only to those who subscribe to the service, but the fact that the data exists should be well advertised to encourage subscription. The subscription procedure could be used to nab another small fee to help fund the site.

There might even be a way to reward those who make posts that receive a large number of Good Info clicks to encourage posting good information.

I don't know if I have the price points set appropriately or even if the concept itself is valid, but it was rattling around in my brain so I thought I would put it out there for consideration.

Over and out

the dogs
Re: Site Suggestions and Technical Issues - Post Here
Posted: 2011-05-10, 4:41 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Thank you, Dogs, some interesting ideas there. I think the biggest challenge we'd probably face is finding a payment processor with whom to implement something like this. Our options are very limited due to the "adult" nature of the site... the one we have now (AlertPay) is the only one I know who'll even deal with us. I'm going to give this some more thought and I really appreciate the input.

The other thing is finding decent advertising partners, which can be tough. The "network" ads pay jack shit, which is why I removed all the real tacky ones from the front page a while back... had them up for months tarnishing the site, never saw a dime.

bitman wrote:
hey Bluto, good work on the change in the message board with regard to grouping topics..the global section. Cheers.

Thanks! I'm glad someone likes it. Let me know if you think it's at all confusing, maybe I can tighten up some of the forum descriptions if so. I just couldn't stand how our International forum was under Amsterdam & Netherlands, so I decided to split things up a bit.

[ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: