Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Need some direction
Posted: 2012-09-07, 4:03 pm

ericstonestacy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am looking for a good coffee shop near the central station. I get to town early, like about 9am

Also need some recommendations of a type of weed that does not make me hyper and make my heart beat really fast. Something that is a very mellow high. This can be anywhere in Amsterdam, doesn't have to be bought near the train station.

I am a daily smoker at home so I am pretty familiar with what I am looking for.

Thanks
Re: Need some direction
Posted: 2012-09-07, 5:05 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
In terms of proximity to Central Station and a 9 am arrival time I would head to Hunters on Warmouesstraat which is only a few minutes walk from CS. They open at 7am, perhaps I should say are supposed to open as the last few times on recent trips I have happened to be out late and called by at that time the lazy bastards havnt been open. However by 9 am you won't have a problem. Nice menu though not a particularly comfortable place to dwell in.

Most other coffee shops along that street and around the rld open between 9 to 10 am.

I would also check out The GreenHouse Effect just down from Hunters.

Also The Green Place on Kloveniersburgwal 4 which is probably were I buy most of my weed. Far side of rld walk up Barndesteeg towards Nieuwmarkt and turn right at the end. GP is the 2nd property down.

Posted: 2012-09-08, 12:16 pm

treetop
ericstonestacy wrote:
I am looking for a good coffee shop near the central station. I get to town early, like about 9am

Also need some recommendations of a type of weed that does not make me hyper and make my heart beat really fast. Something that is a very mellow high. This can be anywhere in Amsterdam, doesn't have to be bought near the train station.

I am a daily smoker at home so I am pretty familiar with what I am looking for.

Thanks

the closest shop to the Centraal Station is Central Coffeeshop. Opens at 7am I believe. I've not been there but reviews of the place tend to be ok. As far as weed goes when I want to chill without falling asleep I find a nice Lemon Skunk does the job.
Posted: 2012-09-08, 4:21 pm

ericstonestacy
lemon skunk sounds nice.

it this something that more than one coffee shop would have?

I am not so sure of how it works in amsterdam. All I know back home the guy i get grass from seems to have above average grass, not the dirt that I used to somke in high school.

Is there common strains that different coffee shops carry? ( Lemon Skunk )
Is there a list somewhere that give the name of the strand and then the characteristics of it?

I have an above average passion/understanding about wine, coffee, food, etc

Would love a resource to educate me about weed....

thanks
Posted: 2012-09-08, 5:13 pm

essexlad Power Kat
http://coffeeshopdirect.info/index.php for reviews of coffeeshops and strains and they got map of coffeeshops

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm will give you the idea of what on the menu's in the coffeeshop's

and check out trip adviser the website or can get download of Amsterdam trip adviser on smartphones. for food wine ect...

My tip would be if you get there at 9am get something to eat first and then check out if voyagers is open they say about 10:30am or 12pm its right next to central c.s but far better weed.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: