Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Best Weed You've Recently Smoked?
Posted: 2013-01-06, 1:21 am

bananabrain
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi All

Hitting the Dam on 22nd January and as it's been a while(last February) since I was last there. Was wondering what in terms of weed you guys that have visited recently can recommend? 2 of my favourite places have always been Abraxas and City Hall but unfortunately I think City Hall has now closed down :(
Re: Best Weed You've Recently Smoked?
Posted: 2013-01-06, 6:01 pm

balou1999_75962
City Hall is being refurbished and should reopen in time for the summer. Can't help with Abraxas haven't been there in years. Voyagers and utopia are my go to spots in the center. Have you looked at some of the reviews and reports on ACD forum/map? http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com
Posted: 2013-01-07, 3:00 am

bananabrain
Disappointing to hear that City Hall will be closed but I'm sure it won't get me down too much once I'm over there :) Any thoughts on Grey Area coffeeshop? Have always read good reviews of it and I am determined to visit it this trip. Just looking for some first hand experiences if you have been??
Posted: 2013-01-07, 4:54 am

essexlad Power Kat
bananabrain wrote:
Disappointing to hear that City Hall will be closed but I'm sure it won't get me down too much once I'm over there :) Any thoughts on Grey Area coffeeshop? Have always read good reviews of it and I am determined to visit it this trip. Just looking for some first hand experiences if you have been??

Yeah Grey Area is very good shop for weed. it's the only coffeeshop I know where there a queue and good days it's just outside the down , bad time is when the line its down the street . Another thing it's a buy and fly shop as its a very small shop and only two tables so what everyone does is buy and go somewhere else to smoke it I would highly recommend it.

Top coffee shop on my last trip was Utopia.
Voyagers is good too and if you get out of town Club Media in De pijp
Green place is my favourite rld coffeeshop ( its not technical in the rld but 30 sec walk to the rld) but sometimes they can be bit hit and miss on weed but hash wise Twizza good. another one is high street blues on the market but I would only go there for their drinks and not the weed they quite happy and allow you just to order a drink there.
420 coffeeshop is good too for good price on soft drinks and the 420 haze is alright.
Posted: 2013-01-07, 11:17 pm

bananabrain
Thanks for the detailed description! Will definitely check out UTOPIA when I'm over. Literally counting the days till I get on that flight. Have always had a good time in Amsterdam over the last 10 years. We're lucky it's only 1 hour 40 mins from Ireland. Small blessings!!
Posted: 2013-01-08, 12:08 am

essexlad Power Kat
sorry I mean door not down lol. seems all the best shops are the small ones. I see you other thread about the older chicks are in Singel area the best news is grey area/utopia are very close by it. I normal use anyday coffeeshop as my well earn joint for the night before I head back to my hotel at night.

Ah yer I going to start using Dublin airport again as Knock airport security are a bit slow on the in take that I fly to Stansted then to Amsterdam as it's bit cheaper and faster for me as I'm five hour drive to Dublin, so they think I'm some sort of smuggler all the time.
Posted: 2013-01-09, 4:42 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Best value for your money in my opinion is Katsu, near Albert cuyp market.
This is where my relatives liked to buy gear. Only downside is that everything is pre-bagged.
Russland also has some really cheap deals on bulk buys.

I'm a big hash fan, and I like bluebird near the university, and twede kammer.

Grey area has great stuff, but is a crackerbox.
In the singel, I like Anyday, especially when they have stella blue,
and Amnesia, which has good weed, and is a comfortable place to hang out.

For atmosphere, I like Sibarie on Brouwersgracht, and upstairs at the Old Church for the great view, although old church is scheduled to close down soon, if it isn't already gone!

In the Wallen, I stop at greenhouse for king hassan hash, and green place for weed.
I'm also a fan of Hunter's, my favorite place to decompress at 9AM after a ten hour flight!

Weasel

Posted: 2013-01-09, 4:24 pm

bananabrain
Excellent replies lads with plenty of information to digest.

@essexlad - are there many windows in the Singel area? I have always just stuck to De Wallen on my previous trips but from the sound of things in Singel with it's mature occupants, I will definitely be venturing there this time round
Posted: 2013-01-09, 4:47 pm

balou1999_75962
bananabrain wrote:
are there many windows in the Singel area?

http://www.amsterdam-red-light-district ... ebied.html
Posted: 2013-01-11, 3:48 pm

treetop
essexlad wrote:
bananabrain wrote:

Yeah Grey Area is very good shop for weed. it's the only coffeeshop I know where there a queue and good days it's just outside the down , bad time is when the line its down the street . Another thing it's a buy and fly shop as its a very small shop and only two tables so what everyone does is buy and go somewhere else to smoke it I would highly recommend it.

Top coffee shop on my last trip was Utopia.
Voyagers is good too and if you get out of town Club Media in De pijp
Green place is my favourite rld coffeeshop ( its not technical in the rld but 30 sec walk to the rld) but sometimes they can be bit hit and miss on weed but hash wise Twizza good. another one is high street blues on the market but I would only go there for their drinks and not the weed they quite happy and allow you just to order a drink there.
420 coffeeshop is good too for good price on soft drinks and the 420 haze is alright.

Damn this is so close to my opinion/experience I could have written exactly the same post.

Never ever went to City Hall with Greenhouse next door. More/better seating. Lovely spot in the summer to sit in the sun and chill. What's the weed like at City Hall? I just buy a drink at Greenhouse normally to have a nice seat and roll my own weed from Voyagers or Greenplace or some other place.

My tip for Grey Area is get there late. About 7:30pm. You will get a seat. Just not for long. They close at 8pm! The queue was not all that bad after 7pm either. Only a 5-10min wait.
Posted: 2013-01-12, 6:28 pm

bananabrain
Weed/Hash has always been of exceptional quality since I first went to City Hall many years ago. When I was last there(Feb 2012) they were selling the nicest isolator hash I have gotten in Amsterdam in a long time and at very reasonable price too. There isn't a huge amount of seating in the place but if there are a good group of you I would recommend the large table at the very back of the coffeeshop, you will see it on your way to toilets. No City Hall for me this time around though so onwards and upwards ......to the grey area at least
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: