Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Some quick weed notes
Posted: 2013-06-18, 8:59 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
As long as I'm here...

Super Silver Haze - Hunter's
Thank you to whomever recommended the Super Silver Haze from Hunter's. I found it to be quite effective. It was what I was smoking when I had the 2 1/2 hour conversation that I described in my thread on the Amsterdam board. And it seems to go very well with the other activities that I so much enjoy here. Good call!

Dr. Grinspoon - Barney's
I have been to Barney's in ages. It used to be a regular stop because my plane would land about 6:00 am and Barneys was open at 7:00, with something that could be called food to offer as well. This time, I was returning from the Cannabis Liberation Day festivities and just happened to be walking by, so I went in to check out the old hangout. The place has taken on a more modern appearance and looked very neat and clean. Nearly all, if not all, tables had a Volcano, and each was outfitted with a solid valve, rather than the easy valve, which to me seems no easier and a lot less tolerant of constant use.

I perused the menu and didn't see anything that I just had to have, so I decided on the Grinspoon. Its sativa heritage is not at all in question. The contents of the box looked like tiny grapes on thin stems rather than big beefy buds. Good scent to it too.

I ground some up and put it in the vape. Since I have a Volcano at home, I knew how much I was loading in the chamber and kept it light. I was pleasantly surprised by the result. The taste was slightly minty and somewhat "green", but quite pleasant, and very nice after the smoking that I have been doing. After filling the balloon three times on the first small sample, I knew that I wouldn't have to fill the bowl again. That little bit was enough. Nice stuff

One last note - not about weed but a shop
I stopped at 420 Cafe after using the internet cafe nearby. I bought my requisite drink and asked about getting a bag for the vape they had sitting there. No. He had to take my stuff, weigh it out on his scale and load the bowl. Bloody hell! Was he going to hold my hand while the balloon filled and smoke it for me too? I passed. Not sure what the point of the policy is, but c'mon guys.

the dogs
Re: Some quick weed notes
Posted: 2013-06-20, 3:48 am

essexlad Power Kat
From smoking weed during my youth and to now where I mostly stick mixed joints in my time in Holland . I have not yet try a Volcano in my whole life.

it's something that I have to try later on this year.

I kinda like 420 but very cramp out shop when busy.

Thanks for the update dogsafire. Great detail on the weed
Re: Some quick weed notes
Posted: 2013-07-15, 9:12 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I have come to strongly prefer vaporizers over smoking. I don't smoke anything else, so smoke doesn't make my lungs happy and they start rebelling after a few days of smoking. I find vaporizers much easier on the lungs. No chemical nasties from combustion products. You can also taste qualities of the weed that would normally be masked by smoke.

If you're concerned about detection (at home for example), a vaporizer produces far, far less odor than smoking and what scent it does produce is very different from the classic scent of marijuana smoke. You almost have to be in the same room to smell a vaporizer, whereas if I smoke a joint in the house, I can still smell it throughout the house two days later.

I favor coffeeshops that have vaporizers. Use good hygiene with public vaporizers though. I assume that the guy who used the thing before me had just wiped his nose with his hand before grabbing it. The universal mandate is never let the mouthpiece ever actually touch your mouth. Just for good measure, I carry small alcohol wipes in my backpack and give key areas (depending on construction) a good wipe. I try to remember to wash my hands afterward, too.

I'm not obsessive-compulsive. I just like to put luck on my side when it comes to not getting sick. I actually have to remind myself to do these things, but I have come to prefer vaporizers enough that I'm willing to do it. Just a necessary ritual, kind of like condoms.

the dogs
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: