Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Any Day coffee shop Korte Kolksteeg 5
Posted: 2013-11-29, 10:34 pm

bobbrun
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I had gone into this shop to have a coffee maybe puff a joint and wait for a text from a girl I have seen in the area.
So I order a coffee sit down start rolling a joint and after a few minutes I get a text telling me she would arrive in a few minutes.
Great I would not have long to wait.
A few minutes later my phone rings. I have the old style ring tone on my phone, I like the nostalgic feel of that one.
No sooner do I answer and start talking and the barista comes around the counter and tells me I am not allowed to talk on the phone inside the shop.
Its raining outside so who wants to stand in the rain.
I'm thinking WTF is with that.
I make apologies to the girl telling her they say I'm not allowed and then end the call in a hurry.
Is it just this coffee shop or are they all like this. I'm thinking probably its just this place.
On an earlier occasion with a different barista I get some shit about the coffee being up priced..."cuz its busy"
Anyone else had difficulties with this place.
It appears to be run by Spaniards as is Popeye on Haarlemmer, where they advertise wifi and each time I go in they give the excuse that the boss is off and forgot to give the password.
Instead they tell you to try picking up Vinnies deli's signal.
Are Spaniards know assholes in Europe or what?
Re: Any Day coffee shop Korte Kolksteeg 5
Posted: 2013-11-30, 5:49 pm

balou1999_75962
Actually talking on a phone is prohibited in quite a few coffeeshops. I've heard different reasons but I think its because must hard drugs are sold over the phone. The last thing a shop wants is to have someone possibly arranging a buy on the premises. And has nothing to do with them being Spanish, don't be a bigot. I have several friends that are Spanish are some of the best people that I have met since I moved here!
Re: Any Day coffee shop Korte Kolksteeg 5
Posted: 2013-12-06, 5:56 pm

block
I have always found the folks at Anyday to be very friendly. Never had an issue at all in this shop.

Miles Davis
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: