Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Carrying Seeds Home
Posted: 2018-03-11, 11:45 am

dc2020
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi,

Is it a bad idea to carry Seeds in my check in luggage.

Was thinking of about 3-4 seeds.

Would there be an issue? Do they check such things in the Amsterdam Airport?

Cheers,
DC2020
Re: Carrying Seeds Home
Posted: 2018-03-15, 5:19 pm

block
They probably would not say a lot or even find seeds at the Amsterdam airport. Its when ya get back home is where the problem might be. Depending on where ya land. I have had dogs swarm me over a sandwich in my carry on bag and on other trips a wave thru and no such checks at all. Doubt they would say a lot about 3 or 4 seeds but is it really worth the risk. I find the customs folks are either very friendly and use a lot of discretion or they are heavy handed and want to make sure we know that they are large and in charge so a lot depends on who ya deal with....once again is it worth the risk?

Miles Davis
Posted: 2018-03-16, 12:42 pm

gerritsena
check in is not x-rayed, they are not looking for seeds, my opinion
Posted: 2018-03-18, 12:08 am

ceramiche
As I am a big fan of border security tv programmes I have noticed that flights that arrive from known drug legal countries get the drug dog treatment when they arrive.

So the question has to be asked 'is it worth the hassle?' The answer in my opinion is a big NO.
Posted: 2018-09-04, 11:08 pm

BadonkadonkSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I see that dogs are mentioned but will a dog react to only seeds and react as if it was cannabis? There is no THC in seeds so I doubt that a dog will show any interest in a few seeds in the bottom of a bag.
Posted: 2018-09-04, 11:47 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I would think the dogs don't sniff out THC per se, but rather the plant's scent.

Posted: 2018-09-05, 11:09 pm

IQ
I know people who have mail-ordered seeds from AMS with success.
Posted: 2018-09-14, 7:20 pm

puki2
Its easy. Eat (don't chew) them. They will be fine when they come out again.
Posted: 2018-11-22, 3:26 pm

HighClouds
Not to be presumptuous, but may I infer from your name that you're from DC? If so, shouldn't you be able to get seeds legally? Even nicely grown and cured weed?

HC
Posted: 2018-11-24, 11:53 pm

IQ
Retail weed is allowed in Washington State, not Washington DC.
Posted: 2018-12-03, 7:43 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
"It's been nearly four years since Washington, D.C., citizens overwhelmingly passed Initiative 71, granting all citizens over the age of 21 permission to possess up to two ounces of marijuana. The law allows district residents to use and grow pot on private property, and to exchange weed as long as no money, goods or services are exchanged.

The nation's capital now has a market full of "ganjapreneurs," who navigate a unique ecosystem that's unlike any other legal weed market. However, that same market can be difficult for tourists, vendors, businesses and government employees. CNBC recently took a look at several elements that make the cannabis culture in Washington, D.C., different from most others in the nation."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/15/heres-w ... juana.html

Posted: 2018-12-04, 2:54 am

HighClouds
IQ wrote:
Retail weed is allowed in Washington State, not Washington DC.

As neurosynth's post below the quoted one describes, DC's scene is a different kind of animal. I was under the impression that one of the definitely permissible activities was growing your own. To me, that would mean that seeds may not be a big deal. Then again, two out of three DC area airports are in VA, so that would complicate things.

HC
Posted: 2018-12-04, 11:38 pm

IQ
Notice I said "retail weed". Selling outright is still prohibited. That's an interesting article and I didn't know about the crazy culture that has evolved. This is not to mention that DC is the home of the Federal Govt. which still considers cannabis to be a controlled substance. Perhaps a road trip to CO or WA would be easier than dealing with it in DC or smuggling seeds on an international flight.
Posted: 2018-12-05, 2:28 am

HighClouds
Very correct, IQ. There is one more complication with DC, and that is the presence of a lot of Federal land in the city. Get caught with herb in one of those areas and you could be in for a whole lot of trouble.

As you mentioned, a trip to WA is just what the doctor ordered - I can tell you that from experience!

HC
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: