Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Noon Coffeeshop
Posted: 2006-07-25, 1:35 am

Nitrostar
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've been doing a little research and found that for my forthcoming trip the Noon coffeeshop will be the closest one to both the locations we shall be staying at. I hear the Blueberry is good stuff and I'm sure I shall be trying that but I also hear it is quite strong. For our first night I would imagine we'll just want something which we can smoke (in joints) that will have a nice mellowing, chilled-out effect if you get what I mean. Basically something you can have a few joints with over the space of a couple of hours and leave feeling relaxed but not totally stoned. Does anyone have any knowledge of their weed menu and will be able to recommend something along these lines?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Noon Coffeeshop
Posted: 2006-07-25, 9:44 am

withnail Power Kat
i live a few minutes away from the noon. very nice weed whenever i call in, friendly guys who all swear by their blueberry haze at 10 euros a gramme. now that is a strong weed for sure, a year and a half of development well spent. the regular blueberry is not so strong but is a jolly nice smoke. the inexperienced smoker may find it quite hard hitting, im really not sure. it retails at 7 a gramme anyway and is the original dj short strain, not the soma version. as the guy once told myself and herr paniked 'you come to the noon you get the REAL blueberry.

also on the menu they have the rather interestingly named 'enemy of the state haze' also at 10. never tried it when you have the bluberry haze to choose from. like most shops though they will have not so potent strains if thats what you prefer. just avoid anything purple, in my opinion, as it tastes like crap and packs zero punch.

in short i like the vibe in the noon, more so than in the old days when frankly it was a bit of a dump which sold decent weed. bear in mind that within a short walk you also have some other good coffee shops - club media, de graal, atlantis, katsu, kabouter for example plus a couple to avoid eg. rookies, rokerij, bulldog palace. kabouter currently have a special called 'bubbles' which in my book should be renamed 'giggles' as thats what it made me do. enjoy!

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-25, 5:48 pm

Nitrostar
Thanks for the response. I'll make a note of the various smokes you mention. I'm not exactly inexperienced but it has been quite a while since I've smoked anything because I can't seem to get any now.

Out of curiosity what is it you don't like about Rokerij? We went there last time and it was quite a nice, friendly place. The weed we bought wasn't anything special but it wasn't garbage either.Maybe a little expensive and crowded.
Posted: 2006-07-26, 9:29 am

withnail Power Kat
rokerij im just not a fan of. personal choice, but i think if we are talking specifically about the shop close to leidseplein its more the location which is horrid. in the middle of a bomb site street full of crap restaurants and their hawkers. just no good reason to go down there, especially given that you have so many great shops a short bike ride away.

the shop on the singel canal has always been a funny one - always has really friendly girls serving the coffee but coupled with dealers with a miserable attitude. strange but its how i remember it from years back even and i did actually used to use that shop on occasion due to its great location.

the shop by the munt is cute but again with over priced weed. probably the best of the four id say. worth checking out for the interior at least and again the coffee vendors are usually fairly agreeable.

the shop at elandsgracht has been virtually empty anytime ive dropped in. plus you have coffee shop johnny just along the street on the same side selling better priced weed in a friendlier environment.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-26, 10:32 am

DELETED
DELETED
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: