Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
smoke friendly places near leidseplein(sp?)
Posted: 2006-08-16, 2:55 pm

thebox
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
alright lads
anyone know of a good bar up around the leidseplein area were you can enjoy a fat joint while watchin the football? Headin back over next month and dont want to miss United V Spurs game on the 9th but dont wanna miss out on any valuable smoking time considering we're only over for the weekend.

Cheers
Re: smoke friendly places near leidseplein(sp?)
Posted: 2006-08-16, 3:34 pm

withnail Power Kat
i expect somebody will shortly suggest that bomb site the 'sky sports bar'. if you want to wear your burberry whilst showing off your nine carat gold and tattoos this could be the place for you. other than that i am struggling to think of somewhere close to leidseplein where you can drink AND smoke whilst watching football.

if you can take a break from your smoking for at least the match duration then try tig barra on overtoom, cocos at rembrandtplein or balls on vijzelsgracht.

either way lets just hope tottenham get a pasting.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-08-16, 4:29 pm

thebox
I suppose i can go without the smoke for a couple of hours. shame we'll be missing rooney & scholes for the game. are there many coffeeshops up around there that sell beer? im all about the smoke but my mate leans more towards the booze. gotta try and find a compromise. We've been over a couple of times already but no matter how hard we try we always end up trashed wandering around. as a result we never really remember where the good places are. last time we ended up in that dump La Canna for bout 3hours simply because we couldnt walk anymore. litte did we know De Kuil was just around the corner. Wanna try to get out of the RLD area this time for a change
Posted: 2006-08-16, 4:40 pm

withnail Power Kat
you have one of the rokerij shop just down the street which sells both. also, if you jump the number 1 tram two stops (direction osdorp) and get off at jan pieter heijestraat you have the kashmir lounge, a great coffee shop which sells both beer and weed. however neither of these places will be showing football. the kashmir has a very friendly crowd with good weed and dj's every night. really worth checking out - im confident you would find it a refreshing change from the usual coffee shops around town.
the nes cafe is always a good spot to drink and smoke but i dont believe they have sky sports either. when you see the crowd that the football games attract in other bars you can sort of understand why the coffee shop owners would be reluctant to show games.

anyway, best of luck finding a new spot for football. i for one would be glad to hear of an alternative if you find one.

doog!

withnail (keeping the flag flying for the decent minded people of north london i.e. those in the red & white ;-)
Posted: 2006-08-16, 5:05 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-08-16, 6:00 pm

Leif
I watched several football matches in Carmona coffeeshop, but it's
out in de Pijp, near Yo-Yo cs. Carmona's now a favorite shop of mine to
stop in whenever I'm out near Katsu or the Albert Cuypstraat market.

Been to both the Satellite Sports Bar and Coco's at Rembrandtplein
and prefer Coco's. True, you can only toke in the section of Coco's
that the pool table's in. I like to eat kangaroo steak while toking there.
If you're at Coco's to watch a match, you can always walk over to the toking
area and have a few tokes before, during the break, and after.
Posted: 2006-08-17, 12:07 am

digger
Oh poor kangaroos!

Dig.
Posted: 2006-08-17, 6:07 pm

gezellig
The Rookies. Got a big screen and frequented by locals too. Just don't get too close as your neck wil ache for the rest of your trip. Well mine did anyway.
Posted: 2006-08-18, 12:30 pm

zsdeadbaby
Nes were certainly showing matches last September.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: