Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Route 66 Coffee Shop
Posted: 2011-08-06, 11:26 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Interesting chat earlier this evening with a coffee shop owner that I have got to know well over the years. The word is that Route 66 Coffee Shop is likely to be the next casualty. The shop is owned by a moroccan guy who has just been caught in Spain with 2500 k of moroccan hash. The police hit the shop with an early morning raid seizing a computer and discs. The shop is trading at the minute but this looks certain to lose it's licence under the bibob leglislation.

The unfortunate thing is that it is the relatively small criminal element that the politicians cease on to tar the whole scene with the same brush and hold it up as justification for their proposals to radically reduce the number of shops in the future!

Doc

Sent from my iPhone

Posted: 2011-08-11, 7:40 pm

cocksure Power Kat
I have no sympathy.

Used to be a great shop when Dora worked there for many years, then she left and it was never the same. Then they renovated it with stupid seats and look and obligatory smoke purchase. Then one time I had an argument with a member of staff, was called a liar which was bang out of order.

So, yeah, got no sympathy. And I have spent a lot of money there over the years.

I think I know the owner you are talking about, is that the tubby guy?
Re: Route 66 Coffee Shop
Posted: 2011-09-04, 7:45 am

Dutch Pimp
good info thanks

In that time I have made 12 trips there and each one has been great.
Posted: 2011-09-04, 1:51 pm

jgramos Moderator
cocksure wrote:
......obligatory smoke purchase. Then one time I had an argument with a member of staff, was called a liar which was bang out of order.

Same experience here! I used to go there now and then, and really enjoy it, until they brough tthe obligatory smoke policy in. Also, was called a liar several times......pay for something and not get given it, then they say they've given it to you!!

Posted: 2011-11-01, 5:29 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
Following up on my initial post in August, I was over last weekend and can confirm that the Route 66 Coffee Shop is now closed!

Posted: 2011-11-11, 1:56 am

cocksure Power Kat
They also own Route 99, I wonder if that is still open....?
Posted: 2011-11-11, 2:19 am

akaDrPussy Moderator
If its the same owner cocksure then under the bibob legislation I would be surprised if this shop is still open. Maybe one of our members can advise on this? But with the amount of hash the owner was busted with in Spain I suspect he will be going down for a fairly lengthy stretch!

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: