Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
What's good in the Dam - July
Posted: 2012-07-19, 9:39 am

treetop
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Right now I'd say Kandy Kush from Voyagers was the best smoke I had recently. Also only 10eu a gram.

Also on their menu is the lemon skunk which I found to be a nice smoke.

Interesting place to hang out too as lots and lots of people pass by the shop on the way into town for an evening out.

However the smoking room at Green place is more chill and for outdoor daytime Summer smoking I don't think Hill St. Blues at the market (on Niewmarket) can be beat.

In the Singel area a shop under new ownership called Utopia on Spuistraat over the road from HGF is getting good reviews. I like their Nepal hash although the weed there is also good by most accounts. They do a 50eu menu sampler and have outdoor seating as well.

Will update this again in a week or so hopefully with a wider selection from De Pjpe as well.
Re: What's good in the Dam - July
Posted: 2012-07-20, 11:51 pm

donpacino
keep it coming, im heading over on the 16th august for a week so as much info as possible about what nice gear is about and the coffeeshops to get them from will be really handy.

Posted: 2012-07-31, 5:00 pm

piffybooga
Hi,

I came back last Friday and must recommend the following:

Jack Herer - Greenhouse
Chocolope - Hill St Blues

These two were my favourite.

Before taking the trip I was strictly a haze smoker.

The haze I smoked was great, I loved the Amnesia Haze & Super Silver haze but I spent far too many hours laughing and giggling non stop without much convo...

As soon as I switched onto the Jack I went into the most amazing zone.

And with the Chocolope.... I completely trashed everyone at pool for over 3 hours. Concentration levels were amazing.

Piff!

Posted: 2012-08-02, 8:28 am

expatsam
Thanks for this!

I'll be there next week. I've enjoyed the Chocolope a lot the last couple years, but have always purchased it from the Grey Area. No chance you can speak from experience comparing the HSB offering to theirs, or another's?

I can't remember who said it in the thread, but I concur: the outdoor seating at HSB on the New Market is a favorite place to chill. But I don't think I've ever actually bought grass there, it always looked kind of tired and forgotten and the Shop never seems to come up much in reviews, etc. Anyway, iIf you see me say hi: I'm the guy with long hair!
Posted: 2012-08-02, 4:14 pm

piffybooga
I've smoked the Grey Area Choc and it's a high standard to beat.

The only real reason I bought from Hill St Blues is because I was sipping tea outside when I realised where I was. Glad I did, it was such a nice level headed high. The tender was cool as well, happy to talk about the weed and was interested in what I'd smoked before and what I was looking for.

Grey Area is known for it's high standard of product so if your going there anyway, grab it from there. But if your near Hill St Blues, stop for a tea and grab some of the Chocolope.

When I was in the shop I saw a good 4 dutch customers come and go to buy 50 euros of just one bud so it must have a standard amongst the locals?

Although one local did recommend the Hill Street Special that I hated. Not smooth at all, but I am not a seasoned smoker so I need those easy on the throat weeds!

Chocolope was smooo oo ooothe!

Posted: 2012-08-03, 1:37 am

treetop
So I got a window seat at Grey Area. Thought it was great until they called last orders 5 mins later. Damn this place closes so early! (8pm).

I have to say I'm fast becoming a fan of most of the menu at Voyagers.

Last trip I sampled some Sour Power - knock out.

Wild Amnesia - lovely

In fact most of the menu is excellent.

Forgot what I had at the gray area. Was pretty baked.

Will be back briefly in September.

Also might post some stuff about De Pjpe coffeeshops later on.
Posted: 2012-08-15, 6:23 am

pritikina
Sweet info guys. Thanks. I'm heading up to AMS mid September. Do most of the coffee shops close at 8PM or just the Grey Area. I'll post info of my own when I come back. Cheers fellas!
Posted: 2012-08-15, 6:41 am

potlover
Many in the center are open till 1 AM.
Also for late night smokes you may check some pubs that allow them.

Btw, Kush at Voyagers and JH at Green Place were indeed great strains, seems like we've been there the same days.

Posted: 2012-08-16, 7:29 pm

treetop
So a quick few recs from the de Pjpe area. Club Media has a lot of nice weed. People seem to like the Champagne Haze and Zooljtes. I do too. I like the Pot of Gold when they have it too as well as the Hindu Kush.
The shop itself is very nice too.

Also recomended is De Gral. Really nice place. Worth going in and having a smoke. Friendly and cheerful shop.

Avoid - Ibiza. Budtender goes psycho if you ask to see a strain wihout buying some. Their Cheese Haze is not bad tho!

Try - Kabouter. The Kabouter Haze/special gets good reviews and the shop is right next to the RLD windows of De Pjpe. Just a little further past the windows on the left.

Will be back in september briefly. Look out for a quick report then.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: