Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Wietpas Advice- Foriegn Student
Posted: 2012-07-22, 11:58 pm

nooris
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone in the know can help me out with some information.

I'll be moving to Maastricht this September, for four years, to pursue my PhD. I'm Canadian and don't normally need a visa to visit Holland, but since this is an extended stay I will be getting some sort of residence permit. So will I be able to apply for a Wietpas, given that I should be considered a resident? If so, what is the process, and what is the proof of residency required? Also how long does it take to issue a Weitpas if all goes smoothly?

Thanks in advance,
Nooris

PS. Could I get in trouble if I buy weed from a street dealer in Maastricht?
Re: Wietpas Advice- Foriegn Student
Posted: 2012-07-23, 3:48 pm

block
Not sure of whats going on in Maastricht at this moment but I was there in mid June and the coffeeshops have all closed as a show of solidarity. The news was reporting that several shops were open but that report was false. The shops are awaiting yet another ruling which will be released later this year. It is rather easy to buy weed although you will have to deal with some rather shady characters hanging out along the river and of course the price is jacked up but the cops are not really out to bust some tourist or college student for buying a small amount of smoke

Miles Davis
Posted: 2012-07-23, 7:21 pm

nooris
Oh shit! The coffeeshops are closed. What a sad sad day. I guess I'm going to have to find myself a trustworthy dealer from the univesity (North American style). Until I find such a dealer I will just go and buy my weed from Amsterdam (not really complaining about having to frequent that marvelous city.)

I guess there is not much point in trying to get a wietpas now. Thanks for your help Block.
Posted: 2012-07-23, 8:19 pm

block
Keep in mind that I was there in mid June so it is possible something might have changed but I have not heard of the shops reopening.

Miles Davis
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: