Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
best brownies/cakes
Posted: 2012-10-02, 1:22 am

whatevr018
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am coming back to AMS on Nov 1 for a week. I usually go to Baba to get a brownie but was wondering if anyone had any luck with something stronger. Thanks in advance. See you in the dam in a month
Re: best brownies/cakes
Posted: 2012-10-02, 2:11 am

potlover
The one at paradox is said to be the strongest, had it at voyagers, de kuil, mellow yellow and dolphins, all sucked.

Posted: 2012-10-02, 12:29 pm

essexlad Power Kat
I Agree with potlover Paradox are suppose to be the strongest around will try one myself at the end of november.

They cook food till 3pm and from 3pm to 5pm they make toasted's.

I try a brownie at the greenplace and was quite nasty dry and weak so avoid there too.
Posted: 2012-11-07, 12:46 am

rummy
i had a piece of the lemon cake from paradox last week...ate about 2/3 of one over the course of about four hours and holy crap, what an amazing feeling, lasted about eight hours

I personally found the experience much better than smoking, which hits me too hard and makes me really paranoid for a little bit...this was an incredibly slow onset and long lasting buzz, loved it!
Posted: 2012-11-07, 1:10 am

essexlad Power Kat
I hear good things about Utopia Vanilla muffins.

Seem's in 3 weeks I will try both

battle of the space cakes
Posted: 2013-02-10, 1:34 pm

starvin
I've just come back, Paradox has the strongest I found at 1.25g per slice priced at €6. Hill Street Blues had a nice one too at 1g per slice priced at €4.50. I tried a slice in Abraxas that only had 0.5g per slice and was priced at €5.20. By far the best was Paradox but Hill Street Blues was very close purely because of the price.
Posted: 2013-02-16, 1:07 am

expatsam
Thanks for the report! I'll be there in a week myself and appreciate the info, as I'm fond of edibles and have mostly been disappointed with them in Amsterdam. A couple times I stayed in a place with a kitchen did some cooking myself with local product, which was a blast! At home I mostly cook leaf.

I always talk big about posting reports and never do, so no promises this time, but I'll give Paradox a try.

expatsam
Posted: 2013-03-19, 6:30 pm

piffybooga
starvin wrote:
I've just come back, Paradox has the strongest I found at 1.25g per slice priced at €6. Hill Street Blues had a nice one too at 1g per slice priced at €4.50. I tried a slice in Abraxas that only had 0.5g per slice and was priced at €5.20. By far the best was Paradox but Hill Street Blues was very close purely because of the price.

I had a slice from Hill St Blues and it didn't do anything for me... maybe it took too long to come on and by then I was back on the smoke anyway??

Posted: 2013-03-20, 7:41 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Utopia was great muffin. I'm a heavy smoker so I would say eat two and you should feel good. only had one myself but I did feel a nice buzz.
Posted: 2013-03-21, 3:40 pm

block
Thanks for the follow up. I stopped eating brownies in Amsterdam a few years ago after not being able to locate any that would give me a decent buzz. Sounds as if I need to reconsider and give either Utopia or Paradox a try.

Miles Davis
Posted: 2013-04-28, 5:39 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
I have to say that I did not enjoy the vanilla space cake from Paradox, both times I've tried it, it just made me really antsy. Like too much caffeine. I'd vote for the one from Dolphins. It wasn't as strong, but had a better quality buzz.

[ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: