Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Space cake and related recommendations please.
Posted: 2013-03-09, 3:38 am

Des
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
As a very occasional visitor to Amsterdam I like to get high when there on cannabis/marijuana (I don't know the difference). As such I have had the occasional space cake that worked well. Back in the days when the pubs sold beer and joints etc, I could usually get high on something I liked. I could always bias towards the booze if the hit didn't work. Mind you, sometimes I would have two cakes and two joints with no discernable effect.

Anyway, can anyone recommend anywhere, preferably within the RLD, where I can get a decent space cake or space shake?

Also, as I have no idea about rolling joints, or even what to choose, smoke-wise, can anyone recommend where I can get a decent pre-rolled joint without being ripped off?

In my time I have come across two soft drug effects I have greatly enjoyed:

1. A feeling of great peace, just lying back alone on my bed feeling very content. What drug caused this, and where can I try it again?

2. A sense of hilarity that made me laugh my head off at things that were probably only slightly funny. Again, what was this, and where can I try some more?

What happens if I get good advice on each, and decide to try both together? Does that work?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards.
Re: Space cake and related recommendations please.
Posted: 2013-04-18, 1:31 am

Des
Christ,

Six weeks and not a cheep from anyone. I somehow thought this forum would be full of knowledgeable people who would be willing and able to offer advice. I thought that was the whole point of this forum.

I am underwhelmed - it's not as if my questions were in any way complicated to any regular or occasional smoker of the mild weeds.

Seems to be a dead end with very few people bothering. Where else can I get advice?

Don't suppose I'll get an answer, but I live in hope.

Surprise me - who knows, I might have a tale to tell later!
Posted: 2013-04-18, 4:53 am

potlover
make a search, most of your answers are there yet.

Posted: 2013-04-18, 10:44 am

balou1999_75962
And there is also a forum dedicated to Amsterdam coffeeshops, http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com As posted above most of the questions have been asked before if you have a browse through the Weed forum. But the other forum I linked is worth a look too.
Posted: 2013-05-03, 10:12 am

piffybooga
Des wrote:

1. A feeling of great peace, just lying back alone on my bed feeling very content. What drug caused this, and where can I try it again?

2. A sense of hilarity that made me laugh my head off at things that were probably only slightly funny. Again, what was this, and where can I try some more?

I've only ever had hash cakes from Hill St Blues and they did nothing for me.

I will say that it looks like you are after a strong sativa strain for your number 2. Super silver haze should do it...

As for number 1... I'm not sure, try Jack Herer from the greenhouse....

On a different buzz but the chocolope from hill St Blues got me super zoned in. I played pool for 2 hours straight and didn't lose a game.

Posted: 2013-05-03, 12:18 pm

Des
Many thanks Piffy. Just the sort of info I was looking for. I hope to be there in June for 3 nights so that will give me time to check out the effects of each individually.

Pity you can't still have a beer while having a gentle smoke, but it still beats the UK hands down.

Regards.
Posted: 2013-05-07, 1:24 pm

piffybooga
Des wrote:
Many thanks Piffy. Just the sort of info I was looking for. I hope to be there in June for 3 nights so that will give me time to check out the effects of each individually.

Pity you can't still have a beer while having a gentle smoke, but it still beats the UK hands down.

Regards.

Head over to Stones, buy a pint & bring your weed. Your allowed to smoke here...
http://www.stonescafe.nl/

Enjoy

Posted: 2013-05-24, 1:53 pm

Magamar3
Hi Des,

I'm not a smoker at all so everytime I visit The Dam I have to rely on Spacecake to get my hits.

The strongest I've found is from Paradox which is slightly outside of the Centruum in the Jordaan (I think), in fact it's only a stones throw from the Anne Frank House. Only takes about 15 minutes to walk there and the last time I was there (Dec 12) they cost 6 euro's each.

I'm not a harded user by any means and only partake when I'm in Amsterdam but they do the trick for me. But as with everything YMMV.

Hope the above helps.

Mags
Posted: 2013-05-24, 7:49 pm

Des
Many thanks Piffy and Mags. Excellent information that I will use, hopefully over 3 days next month.

I am delighted to hear that there are still places where you can have an alcoholic drink while smoking the weed. I thought that had been banned.

Does that mean that it is lawful to bring your own e.g. hash to smoke, but premises aren't allowed to sell such hash if they are selling alcohol? Does that mean that the alcohol-selling establishment can decide itself whether to allow smoking of hash? Can anyone clarify what is allowed?

Does anyone know if there any other such liberal pubs near the red light district where I can bring my own weed and have a beer at the same time, without worrying about being busted or thrown out?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, I guess by a lot more people than just me.

Regards,

Des.
Posted: 2013-05-24, 11:59 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
Cafe Remember (Micer Central)
Rick's bar
Susie's Saloon

Posted: 2013-05-25, 11:06 am

Des
Found 3 of the above in the Red Light District (couldn't find Rick's Bar - never mind).

Looks like it will be just like old times - a pub crawl while trying some of the recommended weeds.

Now if Heidi was still around it really would be like old times.

Many thanks for the info.

Des.
Posted: 2013-06-24, 3:49 pm

whatevr018
Any updates on cakes or is paradox still the best?
Posted: 2013-06-25, 11:21 am

balou1999_75962
whatevr018 wrote:
Any updates on cakes or is paradox still the best?

Paradox still has some of the strongest spacecakes which some my not call the best.
Posted: 2013-09-03, 11:44 am

stinkyfeet
I've recently (aug. 2013) tried some kinds of space cakes :

bluebird : not a space cake, but a space muffin, available both chocolate ad blueberry, 5 eur/each.
I've been told that in each muffin there's something about 1 gram of weed. Bought early in the morning, i ate a little bit less than a half of it. After abt. 1,5 hrs i felt REALLY stoned, just the right condition for just laying on the bed listening to music. The effect seemed to disappear after about 4-5 hrs. , and so I ate the other half of the muffin. That was sufficient for being stoned till late in the evening. I've been very satisfied about their muffin... I've been deeply stoned all day long with 5 eur only ! Very powerful ! And very good taste (blueberry one)

paradox : space cake (6 eur, if i well remember). Well, the effect of this cake was not as powerful as the bluebird's muffin..... but when I tried it I was coming from 3 days of continuous consumption of muffins , so there's the possibility that I was a little bit addicted. I've also noted that many people goes to the paradox just for buying their cake.....

Basjoe : space cake (don't remeber the price..). Very slight effect and poor taste, I did not like it.

It was the firs time for me to try any kind of space cake/muffin.
Just be careful with the first assumption, since the effect could be VERY stoning, and it appears not earlier than 1 - 1,5 hrs. (with empty stomach, even more if you ate something before)
I've also noted that after a couple of days of continuous assumption, the effect gets smoother, and you need to eat a larger quantity in order to get the same effect as the first assumption. And don't try that if you're looking for a "high" effect... it just deeply stones you !!
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: