Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Colorado - or Washington the new Dam?
Posted: 2013-03-18, 3:23 am

athousand
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Here's a report from the beeb (from my own part of the world) - of course - I'm not suggesting any of the sexual liberation or possibilities that are on offer in the Dam -but still - for anyone here from the States -this has surely got to be some seriously good news? And on top of that - Colorado is a beautiful place -personally, I'd rather be high in nature in Colorado than in a city!

Do you guys in the States think it's really going to happen?

For me at least, this is very exciting - even though it seems to be passing under the radar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0165s1w
Re: Colorado - or Washington the new Dam?
Posted: 2013-03-18, 3:31 am

athousand
ps - after all the fuss with the politicians of Amsterdam and the weed pass - how cool is the Mayor of Breckenridge? :)
Posted: 2013-03-18, 3:41 am

athousand
Just to summarize - from next year - licensed stores will be able to sell Cannabis to anyone! - this is Amsterdam in the States!

I don't know of any other country where this is happening - certainly not in the UK or anywhere else in Europe.

I agree that Amsterdam has its vibe and all that -but surely this is a whole new world opening up to all of us - anyone who loves their weed. I for one will be visiting!
Posted: 2013-09-13, 3:34 pm

tyrex00
Saw a TV documentary yesterday about weed in Colorado/Washington. The spin they gave was on the "worried side" (esp. for the impact on kids), but it was overall quite objective. I think it was called "stoned in the US"

The opening scene was at a club where one of the campaigners gave a speech saying "One day your grandchildren will ask you - where were you when prohibition ended?"...I almost cried...
Posted: 2013-09-13, 9:16 pm

HighClouds
I totally agree that Colorado is gorgeous - tough to beat the Boulder area in my opinion - but Seattle has got to be arguably the most beautiful city in the States. Picture walking around Fremont while you're baked...

Very nice video, though.
Posted: 2013-09-13, 10:40 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The Amsterdam of Colorado?
Not likely.
Breckenridge is still a VERY expensive resort town, that makes most of it's money on family ski trips.
The property owners will go beserk if this impacts their rentals.
The federal government still insists that they have sole authority to regulate weed based on a 1913 law.
The Feds have the ability to raid these shops, seize assets, freeze bank accounts, imprison operators, and demand client lists for further prosecution. Just like they have done in Oakland, California. State and local laws offer no protection from this.
There is no clear plan on how to pay federal taxes on what is not legal under federal law, regardless of what Breckenridge or Colorado would like.
Personally, I would love to see it work out, but this is far from a done deal.

Weasel

Posted: 2013-10-20, 8:49 pm

iucundavi
Agreed. The WAshington and Colorado legalizations are steps in the right direction, but the U.S. as a whole is far too puritanical to let it flourish in the way it has in Amsterdam.

My guess is that the next time the Republicans win the presidency, the Attorney General will come down on WA & CO like a ton of bricks until they rescind legalization.
Posted: 2013-10-20, 10:46 pm

HighClouds
iucundavi wrote:
My guess is that the next time the Republicans win the presidency, the Attorney General will come down on WA & CO like a ton of bricks until they rescind legalization.

Not to get too political - this will be my only comment - but that "next time" is not going to be any time soon, if the polls are to be believed.
Posted: 2013-10-24, 2:50 pm

HighClouds
Looks like decriminilization may be in the offing for DC:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc- ... story.html

The times they are a-changin'....thats for sure.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: