Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
VOLCANO VAPORIZERS?
Posted: 2014-01-08, 5:13 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Good Day, Ladies & Gentlemen.

It's been a while since last here, but i have to get the experts advice.

I'm in the market right now for a vaporizer. I'm thinking the digital w/ the easy valve. Any advise you could bestow on me would be nice. Like " Easy Valve vs. Solid Valve " which is better? I can pull one off the web for $669.00 What do you think?

Thank you for any words of wisdom....

COOTER

Posted: 2014-01-09, 6:46 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I strongly recommend the solid valve.

With the easy valve, the balloon and valve are one piece. When the balloon gives out, you buy a new valve just to get a new balloon. Easy, yes, but not cheap.

With the solid valve it's a bit of a pain in the ass, but you can dismantle and clean the valve and you can replace the balloon.

I usually make my balloons longer than what the instructions call for. They usually fail at the bottom first, where the balloon joins the valve. When the leaks start to get serious, you can pull some of the balloon through the attachment at the bottom so that the leaks are no longer a problem. Doing so, of course, shortens the balloon, which is why you want to start long.

Also, don't inflate the balloon completely when filling it. Don't fill the balloon so much that the wrinkles flatten out. You'll hear the balloon start to make a rising pitch when it starts getting too full. If you fill the balloon completely, it flexes the wrinkles in the plastic much harder and the balloon will develop leaks sooner.

I like the Volcano's bag system because you can let it sit for a while, which you can't do with a joint, and once inflated, you can carry it around with you.
I don't like the crinkly plastic the balloons are made of
The components from which the unit is made are very good quality, but I hate the design. It is heavy and awkward to pick up. There is no handle or other means by which to lift it. It's big and always seems to be just a bit too large to tuck out of sight easily.

the dogs
Re: VOLCANO VAPORIZERS?
Posted: 2014-01-10, 6:18 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Dogs,
Thanks for the advise. I knew this was the place to get answers! After chatting with a few people here on this site, it's the way to go. I just ordered my Volcano and should have it on Monday. I did go with the digital with solid valve as you suggested. looking forward to getting it broke in... Thanks again...

COOTER

[ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: