Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Rusland Coffeeshop
Posted: 2014-02-04, 1:57 am

akaDrPussy Moderator
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Excerpted from Aardvark's Trip Report - 29 June - 1 July 2012

Coffeeshop:

Rusland Coffeeshop

This has been recently renovated and looks very sharp. It was previously a purple coloured Russain themed shop but it is now painted in red and white mainly. They have the same style benches but have new cushions and new outdoor seating on the front (which is metal but has cushions on the chairs). The drinks are reasonably priced (bearing in mind it’s in the Centrum) and the menu has a lot more variety (for example, they had a nice looking Hindu Kush on the menu). The Budtender was also very friendly, talkative and even funny! As you all probably know, or have guessed, by now I am a big fan of this Coffeeshop but it seems to get overlooked a lot. I wouldn’t come from the other side of the city to visit Rusland Coffeeshop but considering how close it is to De Wallen I would say that if you’re in the area (which the majority of us 'Micers are) then you should give it a try.

Power Plant – Rusland Coffeeshop – 8 Euro a gram

This was so good I bought 2 grams of it. Buying over 1 gram of any strain in Amsterdam is a first for me which just goes to show how much I enjoyed this strain. This strain wouldn’t ordinarily be something I would have chosen for myself but the Budtender recommended it to me. I asked for something with a nice uplifting high but which wasn’t too strong as my tolerance is at rock bottom at the minute because I hadn’t smoked any Cannabis at all since my previous visit to Amsterdam in March 2012 and this strain definitely fit that description.

It’s a Sativa dominant strain and this is reflected in the appearance, smell, taste and high. The buds themselves aren’t very dense but that’ll be because it’s a Sativa dominant strain. The buds had lots of orange hairs and were packed with crystals. The smell was very intense; it citrus based with a slightly pine type note and very pungent (I could see people looking at me in the Hotel lift because of the smell). The taste wasn’t as intense as I hoped and it was slightly sharp but it was very smoke-able; I didn’t cough at all whilst smoking it and did enjoy the overall taste. The high was what I call a functional high and very cerebral. I didn’t want to be completely stoned and feel overwhelmed whilst being alone so this was perfect. Power Plant is a great day time smoke.

I think I may be in danger of hyping the stain up slightly. My disclaimer would be that I suspect that I just happened to find a nice batch of it and it was a strain which suited me, this trip and my mood perfectly. If you like a heavy hitting type Kush or a high TCH or CBD content strain then this wouldn’t be the strain for you.

Due to my tolerance and because I bought 2 grams of this straight off I didn’t need to buy anymore Cannabis for the whole trip so I’m glad I made the right choice the first time.
Re: Rusland Coffeeshop
Posted: 2014-02-04, 9:10 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Sorry, but I'm a bit confused.
Why re-post a report from 2012?
I can understand putting up Dogs' Baba report, since it is recent.
But, what value is a comment made some 18 months ago?
Looks like we're in need of some newer coffeeshop reports.
(Can't help until June...sorry.)
A la votre,
-ale

[ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: