Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
German government plans to legalize cannabis
Posted: 2021-12-03, 9:14 am

averagejoe
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
new info
NY TIMES article
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/worl ... nabis.html

REUTERS
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/po ... 021-11-16/

sounds great!
Re: German government plans to legalize cannabis
Posted: 2021-12-04, 4:36 am

nyc diesel
With long Covid screwing with me, my pathetic old age on the near horizon, and the endless, endless bloody pandemic, I'll never get there from NYC, but this is great news. Thanks for sharing.

PS: Weed was legalized in NYC quite a while ago, and there is still no infrastructure to sell it. I still have to overpay on the streets and settle for what I get (which is usually quite good). And forgot about sex over here, as 99 percent of you know.
Posted: 2021-12-04, 6:31 am

IQ
I might never go back to Amsterdam if Germany does this.

I was in NYC months ago. It blew my mind that I could smoke a joint in front of a cop, yet I couldn’t find any legal place to buy pot.
Posted: 2021-12-07, 9:59 am

paolo2
nyc diesel wrote:
Weed was legalized in NYC quite a while ago, and there is still no infrastructure to sell it. I still have to overpay on the streets and settle for what I get (which is usually quite good).

According to this article, legal weed sales won't commence in NY State until mid 2023, maybe later:

https://mjbizdaily.com/no-new-york-recr ... -predicts/

Part of the delay was caused by former Governor Cuomo- there was some political infighting over membership in the New York Cannabis Control Board (besides being grabby with the ladies he enjoyed arguing with people, for those who haven't heard). Kathy Hochul, his successor in office, mercifully got this part straightened out. But the NYCCB's task of writing weed regulations will take place slower than a constipated shit.

To get legally produced/sold cannabis, pot runs to Massachusetts are an option. Also, I understand legal pot sales are currently taking place within the borders of NYS at a number of Tribal Reservations-

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/marijuan ... -lags.html

Practically speaking, the current inflated price of gas and size limits on legal possession are enough to discourage most people from trying the car trip approach. Sure discourages me. Street sales are it for now.

There is also a bill before the NY State Legislature to decriminalize prostitution- like THAT will happen.

All vaxxed and boosted with nowhere to go...
Posted: 2022-01-21, 11:26 am

Grassleaf
Man, reading about the (slow but happening) pace of change over things like weed (and hopefully hookers) in the EU and the US just depresses me. Here in the UK we remain in full reactionary mode, with the government attempting to pass yet more powers to the police to crack down harder in the war on drugs.

As for an open and legal sex industry, forget about it; we continue in our awkward half house of effective light criminalisation (its legal but so hedged with restrictions it is effectively illegal to provide sex as a service without being guilt of something) of SPs, and of punters hiding in the closet lest the shameful fact that a large % of the country's male population can't get their leg over without bribery come to light.

Personally I can't wait for the day that most drugs and all sex work is fully legalized and out in the open. It will increasing release tourist pressure on Amsterdam when it happens too, as people from all over the world won't need to cram into one tiny city to get their kicks without being arrested. Personally I'll still visit, but the locals will be able to go back to their daily lives ;p
Posted: 2022-03-26, 3:08 am

Vkcs20
Thanks for posting.

This will make Germany very interesting.

Fkk and weed!!!....Finally.
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: