Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Cannabis program BBC panorama
Posted: 2005-06-19, 6:12 pm

jakeward@fsmail.net
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I expect they'll look on the black side - but there is a prog on dope BBC (UK) panorama - Sunday 10.15pm Might pick up some facts!

Posted: 2005-06-20, 12:07 am

santaclauseSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Just watched it. Seems I'm OK at 57 years old. The risk of developing lasting or recurrent psychosis is greatest for teenagers whose brains aren't yet fully wired.

Posted: 2005-06-20, 12:24 pm

jakeward@fsmail.net
Yes - very interesting - I never new that cannabis revved up the dopamines in the brain (the things that make us notice things) - all those nerotransmitters going loco. Shame they didnt give more info on the weed types. They should have gone to the Dam to speak to some real experienced tokers & coffee shops to see what else goes on with the weed.

Posted: 2005-06-21, 12:02 pm

gezellig
Nothing new in it really. Don't let your kids smoke until they've left school and college or if you do, keep them away from the skunk at least. To me it was another argument for legalisation. Set a THC level you're happy with and mass produce reefers like Benson&Hedges. That'll keep the kids happy (when they can buy from off-licenses at 18) and the connoseur can grow their own if they want something a little stronger.

I noticed how they glossed over the fact that alcohol also affects the development of adolescent brains too. And for every case where a son turned into a 'Lucifer' they never discounted trips, pills and powders. Unless they can point to a kid that has never touched a class A, then all findings are flawed in my book. Any friends I know who have had negative experience with recreational drugs have been acid or ecstasy related. It's just lazy journalism.

I thought the BBC were independent, but they seem to be in Tony's back pocket at times like this. Why don't they do a similar documentary about anti-depressants (which really fcuks brain activity) being given to the kids and paid for by us, the tax payer? It happens and it's far more dangerous than the tree. Madness.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: