Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
coffeshop etiquette?
Posted: 2005-06-26, 10:09 pm

gunner
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hey,

I was wondering what the scene is in the coffeshops for a single traveller, is it a social scene like a bar where people go to meet other people for a chat etc while they toke or is more everyone keeping themselves to themselves having a chillout, also are there certain shops more suited to the single traveller? This probably sounds quite naive but i couldnt find any info on it. One final thing is if anyones got any coffeshop etiquette that i should know (like you can toke what you bring with you as long as you buy something from the shop) it'd be appreciated.
Re: coffeshop etiquette?
Posted: 2005-06-26, 10:47 pm

AustonSupporting Member
Supporting Member
As a fellow single traveler, I've had great times meeting people in coffeeshops...just chillin and at ease striking up a conversation. Grab a seat at the bar and chat it up with the bartender and those around. I'm visiting from 6-8 July and look forward to exactly that!

And no problem enjoying your own at any coffeeshop, as long as you buy a drink or something.

And another suggestion (for any bar)...if you get a drink at the bar and take it to a table to enjoy, when you leave, returning the empty glass to the bartender goes a long way. That, and a friendly "cheers!"

Have fun.

- Auston
Posted: 2005-06-27, 12:28 am

iloveamsterdam
its up to you mate if you want to toke and keep yourself to yourself ..nobody will bother you..many times i have been on my own with the ipod blasting out some pink floyd whilst smokin some quality skunk..or if you wanna chat to people at the bar and the staff thats also cool..just be yourself!and enjoy yourself!
Posted: 2005-06-27, 8:54 pm

gunner
thanks for the messages guys, dam just sounds like heaven!
Posted: 2005-06-29, 2:14 pm

gezellig
The Bluebird is a friendly one if you're on your tod. If you get on the big setee upstairs you'll usually end up talking with others around you. Dealers are helpful and it's near enough the RLD.

Check here for their review and printable map. Good way to navigate the city.

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/ACDfrmGu.html

Rgds
G~
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: