Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Kali Mist
Posted: 2005-08-02, 11:25 pm

Jimmy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Does anyone know what coffee shops sell this weed ? The only place I have seen it so far is the Grasshopper between the RLD and the Damrak. It is priced at 16.50E for a gram, which is pretty expensive compared to other weeds in other coffee shops.

I don't mind paying that as it is a quality smoke, but can't help feeling that the Grasshopper are taking advantage of their location and the fact that it is the first place all the tourists pass on their way down from central station and into the RLD.

I paid only 12E for 1.8g of white widow in route 66 on monday...........another great smoke, but am curious to know if the Kali Mist is available cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks in advance...............Jimmy
Re: Kali Mist
Posted: 2005-08-02, 11:49 pm

Mango Haze
Go to the Grey Area-7.50 per gram.

Posted: 2005-08-03, 1:18 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Look at Siberie

Posted: 2005-08-03, 2:57 am

luther vandross
The Smoker's Guide has a review of Kali Mist from Tertula, circa Sept. 2004. No mention of price though.

Posted: 2005-08-03, 1:50 pm

freakpa
Yeah grasshopper is totally taking advantage of the tourists. Their goods are substandard and overpriced. I got bubblegum there and it was awful and expensive.

I think the best shops are Amnesia and Baba. Unless the Greenhouse has Hawaiian Snow - in about seven more weeks. If you get a chance at that - jump on it.
Posted: 2005-08-03, 4:36 pm

akaufman16
How certain are you that the 'Snow will be available in 7 weeks?

I am actually leaving for Mokum 7 weeks to the day. No 'Snow the last time I was there in April.

Anyone know if Grey Area has any Greyberry?

Drippy Dimebagger
Posted: 2005-08-03, 4:51 pm

Ambrose7
Go to the Grey Area, its the best place in town, they just had a fresh delivery of uncompressed hash that wasnt even on the menu as i was leaving, looked and smelt great!

the guys in the Grey Area are totally cool and will help with any questions you might have, give their greyberry a go, its awesome!
Posted: 2005-08-03, 4:52 pm

Ambrose7
yep akaufman16,

Grey Area had some in stock on sunday
Posted: 2005-08-03, 5:02 pm

akaufman16
Beauty. Thanks for the tip.

Hopefully there will be some left when I get there.

I agree that GA is off the chain. John is a mellow cat. Never met Steve.

Thanks again.

AK
Posted: 2005-08-03, 5:12 pm

Ambrose7
Steve was in Ibiza when i was there, John said hes back last wknd, your prob get the chance to meet him :)
Posted: 2005-08-04, 12:01 am

amsterdamfan
this might help >>>>> http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/menus.html
Posted: 2005-08-04, 1:03 pm

withnail Power Kat
i must say im surprised at the poster who starts by talking about the grasshopper being a tourist rip off then goes on to suggest 'baba' which, if not quite as bad, is certainly close. sky high prices, rotten attitude. not recommended at all.

as for the 'grey area' being 'cool' and 'really helpful' - oh dear. id love to meet some of you guys after you visit a good shop! sure their product is usually good but do you really need to buy weed from people who treat their customers like shit? just my opinion, obviously.

withnail
Posted: 2005-08-04, 3:37 pm

uberchef
Well you know I'm predisposed to not liking the Grey Area....

~U.
Posted: 2005-08-04, 5:39 pm

nolan1000
I agree, I have never been impressed by GA - Steve is a tosser and the weed is good, but not as good as popular opinion would suggest.

Katsu usually has kali mist in stock - and (imho) is a shop that truly deserves its reputation for quality goods.

Have fun out there!
Posted: 2005-08-04, 6:54 pm

akaufman16
withnail-

Kind of surprised at the hostility...not usually your m.o.

While GA Steve certainly has a rep of being a prick, John is downright accomodating in my experience. And based on previous posts, he's been good to both you and paniked in the past.

I agree with you on Baba & Grasshopper, but sometimes some people don't know what they don't know.

AK
Posted: 2005-08-04, 10:37 pm

withnail Power Kat
it is certainly not my intention to appear hostile, im sorry you interpreted me that way. but baba, come on! this town is full of 300 fine coffee shops, lets get some greater exploration going on.

so far as the grey area being good to me - that i certainly do not remember. nice weed, shame about the face.

yours, happily enjoying a nice joint of edelweiss from kashmir lounge, a proper friendly coffee shop

withnail
Posted: 2005-08-05, 1:37 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Grey Area has always had top shelf weed and hash and John has to be one of the better owners and dealers in town.
The shop isn't comfortable and Steve can be sketchy but at least the gear is consistantly good.
Think I will break out some of their Goldensoles to celebrate this thread.

On this last trip the only shitty product I found was zero zero from the Bluebird. Everything else has been grand.
Posted: 2005-08-05, 4:13 pm

withnail Power Kat
i would have to also add the dolphins to the iffy shops list. purchased some weed there last weekend which truly was god-awful. worst thing since i bought a gramme of nepal from abraxas recently which was equally poor.

i will try and sit down over the next 24 hours and type up some fresh coffee shop info. i also have good intelligence about 6 new girls to post :-)

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2005-08-06, 2:29 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for all of the past and future intel.
6? You are one of my mortal heroes.
Posted: 2005-08-06, 7:47 pm

Joecaddy
Grey Area sucks… It’s truly all a bunch of hype because it is owned by two dopey Americans. It’s a small hole in the wall that literally has nothing to be impressed with regarding quality smoke. I visit Amsterdam a minimum three times a year since 2000 and to be honest rather than waste your Euro’s on Grey Area garbage, you are better off shopping at the most generic place of all, the Grasshopper located in Damrak. If you really want quality smoke, try Barneys or the Green House, Dampkring or Katsu, even the Rokerij has nice quality buds. I live in California and have a prescription for medical marijuana, typically I have a selection of over 30 types to choose from anytime I go to a dispensary and as a long time pot connoisseur, I know what is good and what is garbage. Twice when I visited Grey Area, I looked at the selection available and was not impressed, when I did pick out one strain that “the owner” highly suggested. I went to my hotel room and broke out the bong, sadly I was very disappointed as the pot tasted like crap, it was so bad that I actually went back to the Grey Area and in front of other soon to be buyers showed the pot to the owner and asked “is this really the best you have? With an unhappy look in his eye he was slightly embarrassed and literally took the pot back, in exchange he provided me with another supposedly kick ass strain that was all show and no go. They might have herb that looks good, but when you smoke the bud it is harsh, does not even get a true stoner high and those who say the Grey Area is really good, must be getting really poor quality smoke that has minimal THC. I like potent buds that contain tetrahydrocannabinol so when I take a bong hit or two I am loaded! Kinda like the Olympics that is every four years and the Tour de France held yearly, there is a competition and those who can produce good smoke will proudly enter the Cannabis Cup to show off and challenge other coffeeshops to see who literally has the best buds and hasj available.
http://www.cannabiscupwinners.com/hight ... s.htm#2003
Grey Area has not produced anything to note since 1999, wonder why? Judges and connoisseur’s know quality! Only the best win, only the best are recognized and those who can’t produce have nothing to provide. Maybe there are those who like losers, those who buy dirt weed, the Grey Area is thankful for those who support them. Lang leve Nederland!

Last edited by Joecaddy on 2005-08-11, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: