Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
withnails top of the crops
Posted: 2005-08-08, 7:28 pm

withnail Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
well this weeks 'high climbers' in withnails weed chart are as follows....

blueberry haze, the noon
well you now have the option of smoking the ordinary blueberry at 7 euros a gramme or the haze version for an extra 3. the haze was tasty in the extreme i must say. wonderful smelling and tasting. knocked my socks off one morning last week.

A5 haze, extreme
first time id seen this weed since i was in maastrcht in december 2003. had good memories so i was pretty chuffed to discover it nestling in the selection at the extreme as i headed for the gay pride boat parade. suffice to say the parade rolled by very smoothly indeed with a mix of the a5 and the cans of heineken which we had procured on our way to the prinsengracht. also on offer at the extreme is mexican haze, ak47 and a whole array of around 20 hashes and weeds. well worth stopping in to this little shop. though i cycle by most mornings im afraid the address escapes me just now - ill try and look it up and add it later.

slide, greenhouse effect
yep, the slide is back for its bi-annual visit. i still dont know of another shop stocking this old strain but why go anywhere else? the vibe at the greenhouse effect is still the top one and this batch of the slide gets a real thumbs up. they also still have stocks of the bio haze at 12 euros a gramme (smells terrific but at that price i wonder whether the orange is in fact gold?) and the sister shop, hill street blues has a very fine tasting lemon haze just now.

anything from yo-yo
another mention for this all organic shop up on hemonystraat, just beyone frederiksplein. i recentely took both uberchef and dwj up there to check out the wares and i think its fair to say they were both similarly impressed. great outdoor weed, all seem to smell like perfume to me. certainly very different to the more familiar hydro versions of northern lights, shiva etc. i just love the high you get from these untainted buds. my own faves would be the green haze, sunlight, northern lights and master kush. 100% worth the trip out. all weed comes in 5 or 10 euro bags weighing generally around 1.1 grammes / 2.2 grammes respectively. a lovely shop to sit in too in a friendly local neighbourhood. just passed hotel max and coffee shop ibiza.

alegria, tweede kamer
'hello there weed tender, do you perchance have a marijuana which will remove my brain?' 'yes sir, here we go, the alegria'. recommended by the shop staff, tremendous. top of my budget at 9 euros a gramme but they are asking 11 or 12 i believe for a couple more of the weeds. and as for the price of some of the hash....! still a great shop, always happy and friendly. perfect for sunday mornings with all the sections of the sunday times.

shiva, de kuil
again some of the weed in this shop is just too damned pricey, in my opinion, but at 7 euros a gramme this little number does the trick. coupled with a few games of pool and the odd lager or two youre all set for a splendid afternoon. i like the 420 cafe again after avoiding it for a short while when the weed guy was rude to me.

and on the flipside....

the worst weed i have purchased of late would have to be some rotten NYC diesel from la tertulia ( i think thats what its called?) on the prinsengracht. this is actually a really nice shop full of greenery and right by the canalside. friendly staff etc but the diesel i bought was wretched. i should have taken it back. think it was some kind of outdoor version but it tasted like dirt. wont put me off popping in there again though, in fact id recommend the shop itself. not so their wares.

now im off to purchase my daily gramme so ill let you know how i get on. i think i feel a haze coming on ;-)

regards from amsterdam!

withnail
Re: withnails top of the crops
Posted: 2005-08-08, 8:01 pm

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I love the shiva from 420 cafe. Does it still taste like peanut butter ?

I would be interested to hear whats hot at Central CS and Kingston CS.

Don't forget your ole friends Double Bubble, Greyberry and Durban Poison- always packing plenty of euphoria for your euro.

Now can we get a report of ladies climbing in ranking on the punter spread sheet ?

Thanks for the update.

Just as I was typing my request for a report on the ladies you were apparently typing your report on the ladies- can't ask for much more than that.
Posted: 2005-08-08, 8:41 pm

uberchef
Toppie top top report WN, indeed, with levels of consumption increasing as the summer comes to it's peak, I hope you have a brain remaining by Autumn! ;o)

Chin chin!
~uber
Posted: 2005-08-08, 8:47 pm

PARAQUAT
Dear Withnail,

Your info is so appreciated. I will soon be in AMS and will make sure I make a print out of your list. I will follow it to the letter and make an incredibly stoney day of it.

Thanks for sharing,

Paraquat

P.S. I see you mentioned your out to get your gram of the day. Would you consider writing a quick note about what else you come across when you have the time, I love this stuff. If you get a chance in the near future to go by Barney's and try out the new HP-13. Its probably over priced but I'd love to hear what you think.
Posted: 2005-08-08, 9:27 pm

withnail Power Kat
ok chaps, ive been out on this evenings mission. didnt really get too far and failed a little in that i forgot to actually look at the name of the shop. anyway, tonights shop is located just just off bellamyplein as you head towards bilderdijkstraat in the oud west. reminded me of a very local type of pub in london with a group of guys playing cards, a couple slouched at the bar and smoke everywhere, naturally. the bar maid, a very saucy dutch girl tells me they have white widow or jack herrer ór do you want to hear about the hash?' nope, jack herrer is fine by me. 1 gramme was 5.50 and it looked beautiful. smoked even better. nice 'n'chunky and orangey. haze will have to wait until tomorrow

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2005-08-09, 2:28 am

PARAQUAT
Thank you DR.
Posted: 2005-08-11, 12:27 pm

amsterdamfan
very nice report mate how much on the gram is that slide from the greenhouse effect
i will be in amsterdam in 48hours time
thanks again for the insight to whats smoking at the mo
Posted: 2005-08-11, 12:53 pm

withnail Power Kat
i believe the slide was 8 euros a gramme currently - well worth it. for information purposes also - last night after work i found myself calling in to the blues brothers shop on nieuwendijk. bought a pre-rolled weed joint as i was out of cash and damn if it didnt nearly fuck me over. stood waiting for my tram a while later it felt like my head was in a vice i was so stoned. so if youre looking for a pre-rolled you can do a lot worse than head down to blues brothers. actually their weed selection is normally pretty good upstairs and the staff are all a sound bunch.

i still dont know the name of the shop where i bought the killer jack the other night but its 5 minutes walk from my home so i shall nip over later and have a look. they have great jack at kashmir lounge too but i think its off the menu for now. normally 6 euros a gramme.

enjoy your trip!

withnail
Posted: 2005-08-11, 12:56 pm

dwj
Excellent smoke report mate, you'll have Jason King contacting you for information next.

so the blueberry haze at the Noon is worth a go? I was surprised by this as I remember us talking about the Blueberry from the Noon and neither of us had been particularly impressed.

Got to agree with you about the Slide, A very tasty and strong weed from, a great coffeeshop.

The organic weed from Yo -Yo is really good, very different in taste from hydro as you say. Normally you have to pay a premium for organically grown weed but this shop is cheap to say the least without compromising quality. I can certainly recommend their Northern Lights.

Glad to hear you gave De Kuil another chance, I think all the weed on their menu is tops, especially the Nevilles Haze. Like you say though a bit pricey but not really when compared to the real tourist traps like the Grasshopper. Good that you can get a decent beer in here as well as the Volcano vaporizers that they will happily let you use all day long if you wish.

Seeing as you've got De Kuil back on you're list I think you should put Amnesia on it also. I'd be really interested to know what their new Red Diesel tastes like as it was out of stock all of my last trip. The Sour Diesel was my favourite smoke of the trip this time, really gorgeous taste and a terrific stone as well.

Keep up the good work mate, look forward to seeing you soon

Dave
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: