Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Good Gear
Posted: 2005-09-21, 10:07 pm

bobo
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'm leaving on Friday - - what CS's have the best gear right? Best Hash, Best Buds, Best Kif?

Thanks,
BB
Re: Good Gear
Posted: 2005-09-21, 11:05 pm

blondofil
Try Picasso on Harlemer street, Cream hash is the best hash i have ever smoked. Picasso opens at 8 am. The wildest skunk is calles "Stella Blue" and you can find it in Any Day at Spui Straat.
Posted: 2005-09-21, 11:46 pm

nynten
one coffee shop i always like to go to is the greenhouse! they have this weed called "slide". if u are fortunate enough to be there when they have it in stock....................grab some!
as far as cs's u asked about; my advice would just be to walk around certain areas u get a good vibe in, and just go "coffee shop hunting". each one has it's own atmosphere. some will sell alcohol, and some will not. and each one seems to always have at least one different type of smoke than the other. so just try different stuff & several different places. experience the vibe that each place has to offer.
enjoy your trip. i wish i was going as soon as you are............................

nynten
Posted: 2005-09-22, 12:01 am

fallen_buddha
look up my report, a kooks tour.

peace -fb

Posted: 2005-09-23, 12:58 am

iloveamsterdam
if you want the best of the best avoid the tourist traps and go out of the centre to
places like kabouter in de pijp..their house grass(they only sell one variaty..last time it was white widow) blew away anything i have ever sampled from overhyped and overpriced places like barneys etc..and if you take a train ride to places like willie wortels in haarlem..a CANNABIS SHOP NOT COFFEE SHOP or the greenhouse(not the amsterdam chain of cs's) in den haag then you will sample the best holland has to offer...
Posted: 2005-09-23, 5:17 pm

uberchef
Wasn't it the Dead who coined the phrase, "you just gotta poke around..."?

Of course, in the context of this board, that phrase taken alone could have multiple implications ;-)

I second that emotion, in any case....some of the best smoke I've had in Amsterdam was discovered at local shoppes not in the Centre. Explore the outlying areas, and you'll reap cultural (as well as smokable) dividends not often experienced via the usual 'tourist' itineraries.

Happy explorations...
~uber.
Posted: 2005-09-28, 3:56 pm

PARAQUAT
Iloveamsterdam and Uberchef and anyone else that truly loves buds,

If you guy's have the best places for the best flowers please share this info with everybody. To hear there are these incredible buds to be had in these out of the way places and then not be told of these hidden gems is more than I can handle.

Share the love baby. I am here right now with only three days left to go. I am keeping notes and will be writing a report on my return home. If you guy's have some super cool places to visit share them with all of us.

Thank you Iloveamsterdam for those nuggets of info about Kabouter and Haarlem I shall make my best efforts with what time is left. Do you have an address for Kabouter.

Here is a report I would love to see posted. " Out of the way coffee shops that rock "

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-28, 4:53 pm

akaufman16
I mentioned this on my recent post:

The best out of the way coffeeshops are Paradox, The Rookies, Amnesia, Katsu, & Willie Wortel in Haarlem. I have to agree that I don't really dig the more central shops, but Nes Cafe is a nice place to be. I'd concentrate more on smoking the buds than the hash, as I think you will find more variability.

AK
Posted: 2005-09-29, 11:15 am

PARAQUAT
Hey there Akaufman,

Good stuff man, I have been to the Nes and the tender there named Robert could not be nicer. Stopped by last night right when they were stocking the bins YUM. I have been taking photos and keeping copious notes on all my favorites. Apon my return I will make an extensive report.

Today I am off to Jan Piet, Bullwakies, Bluebird and if I can get out that far I will finish with the Border. More to come.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-29, 11:29 am

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-09-29, 2:35 pm

dwj
Amnesia has been mentioned above but it was not made clear just how good a place it is.

Paraquat, go to Amnesia, it's on Bergstraat in the Singel area so not too far out. All of their weed and hash is top notch, the staff are really helpful and friendly and they won't try to screw you on prices.

Dave
Posted: 2005-09-29, 8:01 pm

PARAQUAT
Thanks for the advice. I stay very near Amnesia and frequent their shop. Great gear good coffee and a chess set just waiting to waste the afternoon with. I'm glad it is getting such good revues, coming up on my report of my trip I will be including the FRIENDLY FACTOR. Just as important as any part of a good experiance at a coffee shop is the vibe the staff put off. Amnesia gets a very high mark in this catagory.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-29, 8:05 pm

PARAQUAT
This one's for Fallen Buddha,

I want to say that your last report was a real inspiration to many a fine day had here in the Dam. I only hope my upcoming report can hold up to such fine bud info. Thanks for the fun.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-10-02, 7:57 pm

paniked Power Kat
in addition to the aforementioned, have a look in the archives at some of my coffeeshop tour reports.

a.u.b.
-paniked

</lurk><work>

Posted: 2005-10-03, 11:20 pm

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey, guys, thanks a million for highlighting the Singel coffeeshop, Amensia. I've often hear about it, but have somehow always walked by it ithout going in, on my way to/from Grey Area of Tweede Kamer. Now I realise I've made a huge mistake.

Tell me, in case I have the wisdom to rectify this on my next visit, is there any particular strain(s) one should look for at Anmesia? What really stands out on thier menu?

Sorry if this has already mentioned here or elsewhere...I must have amnesia.

ST
Re: Amnesia
Posted: 2005-10-06, 5:15 pm

DELETED
DELETED
 [ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: