Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Space Cake?
Posted: 2005-10-22, 7:43 pm

JesterX911
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I remember not too long ago space cake was banned. I will be going to Amsterdam on November 1st and was wondering where can 1 go to get space cake? I remember the Dolphin use to have good space cake, can someone please advise?

Also, this may seem a little stupid, but how would one ask for it? I have a habit of saying the wrong things at the wrong time, lol.

Thanks for all help,

Ryan
Re: Space Cake?
Posted: 2005-10-22, 8:28 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The Bulldog was selling it this time last year. As far as I can remember it was for sale on the counter or advertised on the menu board.

Beware the effects can be strong for inexperienced cannabis users - I had one small cake and the effect was that it took me four hours to get from the Wallen to Central Station - to this day, I still don't know what I did in that time!
Posted: 2005-10-22, 8:37 pm

luther vandross
Billy Bob is right. If you are new to smoking, take it easy. On the other hand, if you are used to it, it's a great way to get high without abusing your lungs. Best prices I know are at Hill Street Blues, they have passable chocolate cake and not bad at all banana for 3.50 or 3.60, depedning which shop you are at. Other shops carry it, but that's the cheapest I know of.

Posted: 2005-10-22, 9:34 pm

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Chocolat is undoubtedly the place. Bon bons, Chocolate cakes, you name it.

Heading from DamRak to Singel, you will probably walk past it on the corner, just down from the Cop shop.

Its also on the maps of the coffee shops.
Posted: 2005-10-22, 11:31 pm

StarrDluX
I tried some on our first trip and ended up face down in the hotel room for at least 30 minutes! My husband and our Dutch friend tried to encourage me to get up but it proved to be quite difficult.

An apple and some water made it OK but man - that stuff came out of nowhere (took several hours for the effect) and coupled with the joint we shared earlier really made for a TKO!

Posted: 2005-10-23, 12:44 am

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It is still available in many places. Its best to share 1 with a friend as the effects can be heavy. It may take a while to kick in so relax and maybe smoke a joint. Some make the mistake of eating more as the effects may take a while and before you know it, your in trouble. Give it time to kick in, be patient. Of the many places that still serve it, I enjoyed some from the Greenhouse behind the Dam a few weeks ago. Be safe, don't rush, enjoy. Maybe take a stroll through Vondel Park while the weather is still sort of decent!!!!!!

Posted: 2005-10-23, 12:47 am

withnail Power Kat
i ate one this afternoon from greenhouse effect - marvellous. banana cake for 3.60 euros.

regards from stoned amsterdam...

withnail
Posted: 2005-10-23, 12:56 am

tw25rw Power Kat
In my experience, the Bulldog ones are shit. €6 and all I got was a headache (and that was probably the chocolate). The next day I paid €3.50 for a much nicer one in the Old Church one between Ziggy's and the Lunchroom and it was much better quality.

Posted: 2005-10-23, 8:58 am

rubadubdub
Amnesia have choclate space candy...

They have a 'BLUNTY' OR 'KIF KAT'... a guy I went to dam with in March ate this an hour after having arrived and lets just say the rest of the evening was amusing watching him stumblt through the RLD... very strong indeed...

Also Baba's has some... but they vary... sometimes they have been strong... other time all you get is the taste of weed...
Posted: 2005-10-23, 10:48 pm

JesterX911
Thanks, I am a very experienced smoker just must have never seen it on my previous 2 trips... do the Dutch call it space cake?
Posted: 2005-10-24, 2:36 am

luther vandross
Yes, they call it space cake.

Posted: 2005-10-24, 7:37 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I just got back from A'dam today. We don't usually indulge in edible cannabis, but... The bonbons from Chocolata were dissapointing. We ate two each per the shops advice and maybe got a mild buzz. The space hot chocolate from Betty Boop was another story. It was excellent. €5, so it may be a bit pricey, but it works. We had been smoking all day and went into Betty's to get out of the rain. We had the chocolate at about 9 pm. Then we went to dinner. At dinner I was getting progressively more stoned. About 10:30 I mentioned to my wife that I was getting wasted and that I thought the chocolate was great. She was not as enthusiastic. At about 11 I mentioned to her that we hadn't smoked anything in over 2 hours. When she realized that what I had said was true, she changed her mind. It was a very nice, body tingly type of high. Really worth a try.
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: