Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Cofeeshops policy
Posted: 2005-11-07, 4:50 am

Strike
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hi all
I have hured that coffee shops dont let you in if you look young?

is this true?

I m 18 and goin to the dam in Dec I do however look young will i have trouble getting in?

Thanks
Strike
Re: Cofeeshops policy
Posted: 2005-11-07, 7:50 am

BroodjeBoy
you might have trouble if they make you spell 'heard' before you enter ; )
Posted: 2005-11-07, 8:24 am

Luther Head
My observations show that if you look anything close to 18, you will have to prove your age with a proper ID. This seems to be an area where there is no room for discussion; I get the impression this is one of the things that can get a coffeeshop closed: serving underage. If you are truly 18 and have an ID, you won't have a problem.
Posted: 2005-11-07, 9:34 am

Strike
yea i Got my passport thanx
Posted: 2005-11-09, 10:38 pm

curiious
might want to try carrying a photocopy of yr passport instead & keep that passport odor-free. ; )
Posted: 2005-11-18, 9:27 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
A copy of your passport is NOT a valid form of ID. You *must* carry your ID with you at all times. If you are asked for your passport, by the police, and dont have it, you get a free ride to the police station and a fine. If you ride the train, without a passport, you will have bigger problems. Carry your passport. It's not that big of a deal, is it? Peace.
Posted: 2005-11-18, 1:31 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-11-18, 2:11 pm

clubted
Since when is a copy of your passport not valid for walking around the city? Yes, at the airport and for other official entry/departure points it is required, but for safety reasons, a copy is fine when just wandering about.
Posted: 2005-11-18, 3:11 pm

rubadubdub
having a copy with you is fine... though some coffeeshops (Barney's to be specific) won't accept it.. one of the rare times they've asked I pulled the copy out and they wanted something that I couldn't have modified on the computer... luckily I had my driving license... I tend to carry this around now when there as its easier and less scary if I lose it...
Posted: 2005-11-18, 3:58 pm

withnail Power Kat
Valid forms of ID are a passport, a Dutch or European ID card, or a residence permit (not copies).

withnail
Posted: 2005-11-18, 4:07 pm

Luther Head
Due to the increase in police controls (terrorism? busybodyism?) I stopped in my local constabulary here in AD to ask specifically what other than a passport was valid ID in their eyes.
The response, after a run to the back to inquire, was that a valid US driver's license was okay by them. Be forewarned though, just like when you call the bank, credit card company, doctor's office, etc., three different inquiries will generate about nine different responses.
Posted: 2005-11-19, 2:59 am

thesaint1690
Altho it be a fucker to lose but passport be the best thing, went to the dam in july and my mate looks young and he is 24 and we walked about 45 minutes from our hotel to the bulldog next to the sports bar and he didnt get in, so a walk back to the hotel for it and finally got our first sweet joint 2 hours and 30 mintues after arriveing in the dam was too long so my advice take the passport!!!

[ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: