Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Het Ballonnetje coffeeshop?
Posted: 2005-11-14, 9:29 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I knew I should have started this post with drugs and sex first and then ask about the neighborhood at the end. So I'll do a little editing, change the headline and see if that works . So I've seen a few good reviews, but it's not talked about much. Is this a pretty much " locals " coffeeshop? Isn't the "Pijp" close? Around how many ladies are working there in the evening? Are we talking ten, twenty or more? OK now the neighborhood part! I'm looking into renting a houseboat for a few days on my next trip. Can someone tell me of the neighborhood around the Amstel and Nieuwe Keizersgracht. Some of you locals have to have an idea. Looking for a little less touristy area, to hang the hat and meet new friends. Maybe suggest a favorite pub to check out. I do alot of walking, can I walk the area at night, without to many worries? I've been to Amsterdam twice and have never felt threatened, even walking the Wallen in the wee hours of the morn. Any information would be helpful thanks...Cooter

Posted: 2005-11-15, 6:53 pm

Luther Head
A bit off the beaten path, which in my book is a-0kay. It's near some of the University of Amsterdam (which is spread all over town), and I've read that's where the professors smoke up. Haven't been there but I bet it is nice and mellow. I'll try to check it out.
Re: Het Ballonnetje coffeeshop?
Posted: 2005-11-16, 1:05 am

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Luther, your help is appreciated.

Posted: 2005-11-16, 11:05 pm

ignatbandit
its a nice place although i believe de pijp red light area is a little walk - maybe 15 minutes west.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: