Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
AXXXTW 's opinion on Jan. Coffeeshop ban?
Posted: 2005-11-15, 6:13 am

Rocoso
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've read the reports and comments about the rumored coffeeshop ban on customers who aren't citizens of the EU. I was looking for posts from people living in Amsterdam. It would be easy for them to just ask their favortite dealers if they are going to stop selling to non eu citizens. I have a trip scheduled for early Feb. and while Amsterdam has so much to offer, I like the weed. It doesn't have to be only AXXTW, the more locals who can ask their dealers the more we will know if it is rumor or fact. groetjes
hornacho
Re: AXXXTW 's opinion on Jan. Coffeeshop ban?
Posted: 2005-11-15, 9:41 am

withnail Power Kat
well put it this way - im living here in amsterdam and the only place ive heard about a ban on coffee shops selling to tourists is here on ignatz. the question must have been asked 20 times in recent memory at least. i have never, ever heard a dealer in any amsterdam coffee shop mention it, and im in them every day. i think most would be fairly surprised to find that they (supposedly) wont be able to sell to you after january. i know its been talked about, experimented with etc but in practise the status quo seems to be prevailing.

in short i dont think there is any cause for panic ;-)

withnail
Posted: 2005-11-15, 1:49 pm

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have seen this same question come up, in other forums, about banning mj sales to foreigners in Amsterdam. This isnt gonna happen...although the dutch government is planning a temporary scheme to ban mj sales to non dutch in the very south of Holland; either Venlo or Maastricht. As far as how long is "temporary" or if it will *actually* happen, remains to be seen.
This is being considered due to pressure from EU neighbors (Germany, France, Sweden) and drug war countries (usa).
Come to Holland and have a good time. The coffeeshops will still be here for you to partake in. ;) While Amsterdam has some excellent coffeeshops, other cities do too. Haarlem and Utrecht, I highly recommend. They are a bit more laid back, less crowded and generally cheaper weed prices too. :) Peace.
Posted: 2005-11-15, 4:02 pm

Mr.Plug
Whatever happened to the news/rumour from a year or two ago that coffeeshops were going to be required to be "smoke-free", or something like that? Talk was that you were not going to be able to smoke in coffeeshops anymore, similar to smoking bans in bars and restaurants in other parts of the world. Did that get repealed?
Posted: 2005-11-15, 5:37 pm

DELETED
DELETED
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: