Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
good weed for listening to music?..
Posted: 2005-12-04, 5:41 pm

iloveamsterdam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
what strain of weed do you think is tops when having a smoke and cranking up the headphones?..or going to a gig?..
Re: good weed for listening to music?..
Posted: 2005-12-04, 5:45 pm

space doubt
I think any weed goes well with listening to music, maybe if you were going to a concert you wouldn't want anything too stoney though.
Posted: 2005-12-04, 5:46 pm

blondofil
Northern Light
Posted: 2005-12-05, 3:19 am

Larry
Not sure what strain but it definately would be a sativa or sativa cross.

My recent faves are the old schools: Silver Haze and Nevilles Haze.
Posted: 2005-12-05, 4:57 am

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I burned Silver Haze during the Gov't Mule concert last april. It worked very well.

Mojo
Posted: 2005-12-05, 11:21 am

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-12-05, 10:29 pm

PARAQUAT
Hi Iloveamsterdam

I would say it depends on the music and the location. If I am going to chill w / phones then a nice heavy Indica would work well. But if I was going to a concert or party for tunes then I might suggest a Sativa. Pink floyd for me is a good Sativa selection and I would puff the Indicas when enjoying Billy Holiday.

Heavy Indica might be Hash Plant and for a good Sativa I would try a Haze, Super Silver Haze is a good start.

Shrooms for music is an entire evening experience but if you want to SEE the music it is also a great journey. It has been so long for me but the memories are crisp as any I have. Days and nights from the seventies, of Robin Trower in concert with the spot lights burning holes through the musicians like laser beams. Or sitting up late playing Beatles records backwards ( I buried Paul ) thems were the days.

Cheers,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-12-05, 10:46 pm

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey Paraquat!

You and I must be from the same mould:

"Days and nights from the seventies, of Robin Trower in concert with the spot lights burning holes through the musicians like laser beams. Or sitting up late playing Beatles records backwards ( I buried Paul ) thems were the days. "

Lol. Robin Trower!! Fuck, I haven't thought of him in ages...but used to listen to him all the time back in the 70s when we were all just discovering the joys of good weed and hash...Yeah, I-buried-Paul!! LOL...Those were the fucking days man!

Best weed for music? I nominate Hawaiian Snow, that elusive strain...

ST
Posted: 2005-12-05, 11:47 pm

ebony69
Just burn a big fatty of whatever (it's all good),
then play Erykah Badu's first cd. Wowee, it's that
good. You'll thank me later.....
Posted: 2005-12-06, 2:45 am

PARAQUAT
Hey ST,

Then you remember Thai stick, Honey oil and Columbian Gold. Giant bamboo bongs and Cheech and Chong. Four finger lids and carborator pipes.

Robin Trower, you know his live album still holds up pretty good. Those Beatles albums used to freak me out.

Growing up in the North West the shrooms grew everywhere in the fall. We used to pick them by the pound and then dry them over a fire and grind them up. Then we would buy gelatin capsules and fill them up. A couple hits and you were ready for fun. Amazing I still remember that stuff with all the abuse that's taken place.

Glad I could kick up a few fun memories.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-12-07, 12:32 am

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
ParaQ:

"Then you remember Thai stick, Honey oil and Columbian Gold. Giant bamboo bongs and Cheech and Chong. Four finger lids and carborator pipes. "

Absolutely, I remember it all! Robin Trower, The Allman Bros, the Marshal Tucker Band...all of it! I even remember the name of that chemical shit they used to spray on the weed, right? You know, the stuff starting with the letter "P"?

Who said every-day use of THC is bad for your memory?

ST
Posted: 2005-12-07, 12:44 am

markcheech
bump a few hits of ecstacy.... that will be great for music
Posted: 2005-12-07, 3:19 am

PARAQUAT
I seem to have a block on that one.....What was it called?

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-12-07, 9:40 am

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Can't remember the name of that evil chemical dust? Got a mental block? These are sure signs of THC mal-nourishment. I prescribe a steady dose of good "clean" weed to joggle your memory...

ST
Posted: 2005-12-07, 10:24 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Colombian Gold would produce the most peaceful, uplifting high- one joint would have 6 or 7 people just as happy as they could be.

I remember we painted a stripe of hash oil down the side of a joint and eight people sat around and laughed and giggled for the next fourty five minutes, no one knew what was so funny but no one could stop laughing.

In the early 80's I would get the original Calif Skunk for 100 US an ounce- I have not smelled skunk like that since. I would throw a half ounce wrapped in three bags into my suitcase when we would take off on our family vacations. Thirty minutes down the road dad was yelling WTF we must have hit a skunk- two hours later, damn skunk smell won't go away. Yeah dad you really nailed the fucker, he probably got up inside the engine block.

Opiated hash is nice but not as nice as opiated Thai Sticks. Our sticks were about ten or twelve inches long and came smuggled inside tennis ball cans. $ 20- $25 US per stick and worth every cent. Tiny beautiful buds tied to a thin bamboo shaft with a piece of bamboo string, then rolled thru or sprayed with raw opium. Two hits out of a small pipe would produce the most lovely buzz your brain has ever known. Two hits lasted 3 or 4 hours. If you smoked a whole bowl you could chill with Buddha himself for the day.

On a clear day if you look hard enough you can almost see the high water mark.
Posted: 2005-12-07, 8:25 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Trip, you bring back both fond and bad memories. I grew up in S. Cal.Those were great sticks back then. But I also got busted with a hundred and twenty of them. " Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time " I guess. There is still great skunk here in the Pacific Northwest. I just saw some killer, what was called " Chronic Haze " absolutely beautiful. The best in years ...Cooter

[ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: