Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Changing the laws about smoking in Amsterdam?
Posted: 2005-12-18, 12:29 am

hemikiwi
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I keep on hearing rumours that teh laws ar egoing to change and only dutch citizens will be able to buy weed etc. Is this just a nasty rumour? Hope so. Wouldnt that be against EEC rules to treat dutch different to other EEC members?

Just wondered. As much as I love amsterdam, i wouldnt bother if I couldnt get to buy a smoke.
Re: Changing the laws about smoking in Amsterdam?
Posted: 2005-12-18, 7:12 pm

Hnc69
I heard a rumour from a girl in Amsterdam, who claimed that smoking in public places was recently banned - or possibly were going to be.

Posted: 2005-12-18, 9:41 pm

travel100
I know in some of the Dutch towns near the german border the coffeeshops require a membership, which you can only get if you live in Holland. that way they stop some of the cross border traffic of people coming to buy weed. It happened to me in a Venlo.

Supossedly they passed a law a while ago that banned smoking in some public places. Remember possessing and smoking weed is curently ILLEGAL in Haoland but that does not stop anyone since it is TOLORATED. So the passing of these laws isn't really a factor unless they decide to enforce them.

I doubt that they will try and stop foriengers from buying weed in Amsterdam (I sure hope not). In Venlo, the owner explained to me that they needed to stop people from double parking, etc., and basically causing a noiusience problem by driving to buy weed. So they try and stop the people coming over from Germany.

Maybe people that actaully live in Amsterdam will know better if there are any plans to curtail availablity and smoking of weed. I really doubt they would try and stop foriengers and still allow locals, as all the weed would still be available in Amsterdam and they would create a situation where foreingners would be forced to buy form street dealers, etc..

Those of you that do live in Amsterdam. I would be curious as to exactly what the law currently is concerning smoking in public (bars, coffeeshops, resturants, etc.). Even though it doesn't seem to matter if they don't enforce the laws.
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: