Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Tips on Reggaestyle coffeehouse
Posted: 2006-01-03, 11:39 pm

Vendetti
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi!

Will visit Amsterdam in the end of January, mainly interested in chillin´ out whilst listening to reggae music hence I would appreciate if anyone could give me recommendations on places where I could enjoy a quality soundsystems while minding my legal right.

Noticed the FREE ADAM place on Odue Hoogstraat, could anyone rate this place, is it worth a visit?

Please feel free also to inform me if anything "red, gold & green" -related goes down in Amsterdam at end of January besides the already obvious ganja buisness :-).

Thanks in advance!

Peace & Love!
Re: Tips on Reggaestyle cooffehouse
Posted: 2006-01-04, 12:28 am

Luther Head
I can't give you any specific info, which is odd because I do love the reggae music and should have a better handle on this question. But the old board favorite coffeeshop review site will get you pointed in the right direction: some of the names make it obvious and you can then weigh the responses and see if it's your cup of Rasta tea.
Good luck!

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/
Posted: 2006-01-04, 1:56 am

amsterdamfan
Reggae coffeeshop easy times , Prinsegracht near Leidseplein, Amsterdam. 020-6241572 (+31-20-etc from abroad).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reggae coffeeshop Rasta Baby, Prins Hendrikkade 7, (near central station) Amsterdam. 020-6247403 (+31-20-etc from abroad)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Real Jamaican Coffeeshop Jamaica, Reguliersgracht 27, Amsterdam.

reggae coffeeshop Cafe Lion Dub, Albertcuypstraat 56, Amsterdam

reggae coffeeshop Dread Rock
Oudezijds Voorburgwal 67, Amsterdam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Double Reggae
Nieuwendijk 32, Amsterdam

FREE ADAM place on Odue Hoogstraat is not that good mate
the best for me is Easy Times real soundsystem sounds some friday nights is live mcs

jah one love
Posted: 2006-01-04, 2:10 am

Luther Head
Thanks for the tip about Easy Times. Been in there once about a thousand years ago; seems as if I need to give it another go.
Posted: 2006-01-04, 12:08 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-01-04, 4:08 pm

smrtalec33
I haven't been there in a long time, so it may have changed, but Free Adam was most definitely not worth a special trip when i went there. Poor weed selection, not really anything to recommend it other than the location. In other words, pretty much your run of the mill RLD coffeeshop.

I'm sure others can give you tips on much better coffeeshops to chill and listen to some reggae.
Posted: 2006-01-04, 5:32 pm

gezellig
Avoid Free Adam like the plague. It's nasty as are it's owners. I've reported on it in the past.

As for Rasta Baby, the only times I've been in they were playing dancehall and reggaeton and shit like that. No roots or dub unfortunately.

Check the 'new' Amsterdam map posted on this board yesterday too.
www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Posted: 2006-01-04, 7:51 pm

Vendetti
Thanks for the tips

The Easy Times real soundsystem tunes on the arriaval friday evening sounds perfect, thanks for that, I´ll also be sure to aviod the Free Adam place, thanks for that! And I guess I´ll keep the Dread Rock in my back pocket for saturday.

Blessed blessed!
Posted: 2006-01-07, 11:12 am

enhornyman
Check out this Amsterdam reggae guide:

http://www.rootsmusic.nl/fc1.html?/AdamReggaeGuide.htm
Posted: 2006-01-07, 7:21 pm

gezellig
Top stuff fella. Most salient for me, the fact that Free Adam doesn't even make their coffee shop list.

Rgds
G~
Posted: 2006-01-07, 7:42 pm

amsterdamfan
top reggae site there thanks man

[ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: