Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Weed Procedures
Posted: 2006-07-23, 3:58 am

fun_time
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am wondering how everyone handles smoking when your alone..

Do you buy a pipe, bong, vaporizer(spendy) upon arrival? Any particular place you get the tools of the trade? When your alone do you buy one type at a time or collect a few? How do you dispose of your tools and any left over weeed before leaving?

I purchased a cheap pipe at some store and ended up having a few grams I just could not smoke..beleive me I can consume. I ended up buying more than I could handle with the packaging being a few grams per and so many tastey varieties available. This is candy land for me and I really want the variety. I tried buying prerolled but didn't really trust the insides and so many are mixed with tobacco of which is a travesty. lol

I would hit most every place if they all sold a gram at a time. Do the coffeeshops understand the concept and simply market for group smoke sessions or should I be asking for a single gram? I actually think I would smoke more weed if the variety and cost allowed a lone traveler to do a bong of each or something. It's not so much the prices it's quantity and not wasting my money with leftovers. Is there a coffeeshop that surves a smorgasboard where you pick your weed and they load your bong/pipe?
Re: Weed Procedures
Posted: 2006-07-23, 9:37 pm

gezellig
If I'm on me tod I just smoke weaker strains of weed by day and then move onto the heavier stuff by night. Towards the end of your trip you need not keep buying bags with an 1/.8th in them or that, just get pre-rolled up until your flight. You can buy pure (US-style) spliffs too these days by all accounts. Failing that, any gear left over just post it home. It may reach you, it may not but worth a try for a couple of Euros.
Posted: 2006-07-24, 6:30 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I like your style!
If I am solo, I buy a wood pipe from Baba.
I walk around with about a dozen little 1g bags. Love the variety. It's a kid-in -candy-shop feeling. I always have a few odd buds leftover when I scramble back to the airport, and used to leave them behind at the hotel. Someone told me this was rude, and I have seen one very funny post about a hotel actually mailing the bag home as a 'forgotten item", so I can't really recommend the practice any more, even though I would be fucking extatic if went to work tomorrow and there were bags of leftover weed lying about!
I'll give it away to someone the morning I leave.
I can't bear the thought of tossing good weed.

Posted: 2006-07-24, 1:59 pm

freakpa
Here's a funny story...

I have a friend that emailed me a couple months ago - "Are you in Amsterdam on March whatever?" My response was "I land at 8am that day" "I'm here now and leaving at 11am that day"

So we met - at the airport - and he handed me a couple bags and a pipe and said he couldn't take it to where he was going (NO SHIT). Then I had an idea.

I decided to create a legend. Although I am pretty sure that legend died. But my goal was to take this pipe that he left for me, and give it to an American (or other tourist, americans are just way easier to spot). Give them the pipe, tell them the story, and make them swear that they would do two things:

Pass it on to another tourist on their way out so the pipe never leaves town and it makes some tourists happy, and
Tell whoever you gave it to the story.

Thought if left in perpetuity this would be pretty cool.

Anyway, Baba giftshop on warmoestraat has excellent prices on equipment. Most good coffeeshops have free papers and tips, and they probably also sell them. Also, most good coffeeshops will sell you 1g of whatever you want (some will give you a half g if they're not busy and you're nice to the dealer). Also, you should be able to get half g bags of the expensive stuff (I'm not brave enough to drop 45e on a g of designer ice-o-lator, but maybe 23e to try it out?)

The only coffeeshop that I would recommend that has everything prepacked is Central - they have good gear at low prices. Not the best stuff, but certainly cheap. For example, they have ice-o-lator for 12.50e for 1.3g, which puts it under the 10 euros a gram mark, and it's much better than regular hashes at the same price or more. I have written about places that fix a total minimum price you cannot buy anything for less than (like 12.50e), and then vary the amount. Usually those places really suck - if they have that attitude, they probably don't take pride in their products.
Posted: 2006-07-25, 1:22 am

fun_time
I would love to post a little home alone with some space cake..lol Although the cake might rot even in October? I could buy something simple and place a small token it in I suppose. Where is the place to mail stuff? Keep it clean an stink free I reckon.. I suppose dogs are the issue versus scanners.

I like the concept of smoking the milder weed by day.. I am always looking for Sativa versus the sleepy Indica. The first time I came to town I got there about 8am and went to a place near Barney's where they cleaned the bong for me and I got just BLASTED and thus ended up getting a bit paranoid in the new surroundings alone. I really liked the Nothern Lights for daytime action.. It was so cold outside I couldn't relax and enjoy my high as much either so this trip should be much nicer.. I am not complaining keep in mind..lol

Nice concept on the pipe handoff. But I have no problems buying a fresh clean pipe. Man cleaning resin sucks..lol I will definately be trying more Hash.

Thanks for the tips!
Posted: 2006-07-25, 3:13 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I always buy a new pipe as one of my first purchases when I hit town. The cheaper, the better, though I avoid the wood ones (some woods contain irritating or toxic compounds), as I just ditch it on the way out of town. I just consider it an expense.

I don't have any problem getting only a gram at a time from any shop and that is what I buy most of the time. I prefer hash, though, and a gram can last a while, so I never get to test as many varieties as I would like.

On the last trip I was lucky enough to meet up with Big Ben and passed my leftovers along to him, but most of the time I just find a coffeeshop somewhere along my route back to CS, go in and offer my leftovers to whoever is there. Haven't been turned down yet. I have even given my leftovers to a worker at a coffeeshop, and she was just as appreciative as any of the patrons that I have left stuff with.

Actually, I kind of enjoy that part. I know that I can't smoke it all, so why not brighten someone else's day? One time I was in a coffeeshop and had bought the last of the Nepal Temple Ball, one of my long time favorites. Another dude came up to the counter a short while later and asked for some Temple Ball. The worker told him that they were out and he looked really disappointed, stared at the menu some more, apparently looking for an adequate substitute and, finding none, went back to his friend at the table to tell her the bad news.

I got out what I had, broke off maybe 1/3 gram and went over to their table to give it to them. They couldn't believe that anyone would do something like that. Smiles everywhere. Makes the day go nicer for everyone involved. It's fun to do shit like that.

the dogs
Posted: 2006-08-05, 9:39 pm

don't really use pipes or bongs or vapos
just long straight spliff
king size paper, half a cigarette, a lot of grinded up weed, roll it, roach it, light it
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: